Chapter 26

~Karma POV~

I couldn't sleep throughout the night. It was early in the morning when the door to the guest room opened. I look up to see Nagisa standing there, visibly half asleep still and wearing glasses.

"Dad told me you were here," She mumbled.

I sit up on the bed and look at her hopefully.

"Nagisa, I'm so sorry. I know I shouldn't have. I'm really sorry you had to go through all that," I respond quickly.

"Don't pity me," She responds, "Yes bad things have happened to me but I am happy with the way my life is."

I nod, "Okay."

She walks over to me and sits by me. She hugs me and snuggles her face into my shoulder and I can't help but smile.

I hug her back and kiss her cheek.

I feel her go slightly limp after a few seconds and I slightly panic before I realized that shes just falling asleep again.

"No baby come on you gotta get up," I laugh.

"No I don't," She yawns.

The door opens again revealing Nagisas adopted mother. By now Nagisa is pretty much completely sleeping again.

"I knew she would forgive you," Ukina whispers, "She looks at you the way I look at her dad."

"I'm glad she did. I don't think I could function if she hated me," I respond.

"Just keep doing what you're doing. You make her happier then shes ever been," Ukina states before she walks back out of the room.

I smile to Nagisa who is still asleep on my lap. I lay back onto the bed and bring her down with me. I take off her glasses for her and set them on the bed side table before letting myself drift into sleep.

I wake up a couple hours later to Nagisa nudging my shoulder.

"Huh? What?" I mumble.

"Breakfast," She states.

I pull her back down to the bed, "Not yet."

"Yes now," She pushes herself back up in pulls me up with her.

"Ehh why are you so strong?" I mutter as I get up. She grabs her glasses and we go downstairs for breakfast.

"OoOo The boyfriend stayed over," Touka mutters.

"Yeah because he wasn't scared of being here because dad knew. Where did Kaneki go again? Coulda sworn he was here last night," Nagisa doesn't skip a beat as she looks around slightly.

"Excuse me?" Ukina asks.

"Nagisa I will kill you," Touka mutters.

"I will pay you if you can land a hit," Nagisa responds.

Ayato was laughing the whole time while her dad looked like he was trying to not hear this conversation. Her mom looked like many emotions at once including laughing, anger, and confusion.

=====

Hhhhhhhhhhh

Winter break has fucked my update schedule I'm sorry.