Chapter 23

Francis' POV

"Yanny?" bulong ko

Alam kong sya yun. Kilala ko ang style ng katawan, likod at buhok nya. Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali. Itinuon ko ang atensyon ko kay Yanny na nasa isang table na limang layo lang sa table namin.

"Mr. Scott are you still with me?" agad namang napatingin ako kay Mrs. Furushima na dati na naming naging kliyente. She asked to have a talk with me to discuss something. And shw decided to have a talk here in a restaurant.

Umiling ako. I don't want to lie "I'm sorry Mrs. Furishima. I have something to look for" sabi ko sabay tingin sa gawi ni Yanny

"Oh?" sabi nito "Is she your girlfriend?"

Umiling ulit ako habang nakatingin pa din kay Yanny na nakikipag-usap sa kasama nyang babae. "No she's not but I wanna spend the rest of my life with her"

"How can you spend the rest of your life if she's not yet your girlfriend?" tanong nito "Opps. Sorry to ask that. You can refuse to answer"

"No its okay" sabi ko tsaka ko hinarap ulit si Mrs. Furushima "To be honest, I am her fiancee. Ex-fiancee to be exact"

"What!?"

"Yeah. You heard it right. I am her ex-fiancee. And she does'nt know that our engagement is still on" sabi ko

Napataas bigla ang kilay ni Mrs. Furushima sa sinabi ko. Her age is around 50-54 just like my mom's age "I can't understand. Can I get a further explanation? You can share it to me."

Tumango ako "It was a plan to break the enagement of ours. Their life is in danger if we will continue the engagement. Then, the plan was after we solve the problem we can bring them back to us"

"And then?"

"But I don't think she is willing to be with me" malungkot kong sabi at tumingin ulit sa gawi ni Yanny

"I see" sabi nito "Can I know her name?"

Tumingin ako dito saka ngumiti "Yanny. Yanny Anne Smith"

Nagulat ito pero agad namang nakabawi. "So its Ms. Yanny Smith?"

Nangunot ang noo ko "You know her?"

Tumingin sya sa tinitingnan ko kanina saka ngumiti "Yup. Actually she is my employee. A very hardworking employee"

Ako naman ngayon ang nagulat sa sinabi nya "You're her boss? I thought it was Mr. Kim?"

Umiling ito "He is just a temporary substitute for me for about one month"

Binalik ko ulit ang tingin ko kay Yanny na ngayon ay tumatawa na. Napangiti ako. Just looking at her makes me smile more.

"So are you really serious about what you said earlier?" Nangunot ang noo ko. "About spending the rest of your life with her" dagdag nito

"Of course!" sagot ko agad

"Very well" sabi nito "I just wanted to be clear. She is a good girl and I think you are too. So I'll help you in any way to have her again"

Napatigil ako sa sinabi nya. Is she serious? "R-really?"

Tumango ito "Yup. Just promise me you'll never break her heart again"