Chapter Thirty-Eight - Growth

Chapter Song: Love Song – Anna Clendening

~

The lips are gentle as they trail over my shoulder, going back and forth in a tantalizing pattern. It's a nice way to wake up and one that has me smiling as I roll over and face Leonardo, his eyes cloudy from sleep. I grumble unintelligibly, burying my head in his chest, embracing his warm arms around me. He tightens them with a husky laugh, drawing me closer to his body. My cheeks flood with red when I realize my bare state.

He notices immediately. "Now you get embarrassed?"

"Shut up." I whisper, shutting my eyes. It's the best reply I've got.

"I've spent the whole time you've been here trying to embarrass you and this is what does it? Shameful, Auds, c'mon."

"Whatever. I'm tired." I say, my body relaxing into his.

Although I haven't been without physical contact since we've been apart, I've been without his. Something within Leonardo is addicting and getting him back has only fed the addiction stronger.

When he doesn't reply, I look up to see him looking at the window, a small gleeful smile on his face. Smugness that has me breaking out of my sleepy state to push against his shoulder, laughing. "Please be quiet."

"I didn't say anything," He murmurs, smiling down at me. "You're the one who is suddenly not a morning person. Definitely has nothing to do with me."

"Okay," I say, trying to push myself up. "You've ruined the mood"

"No," He whines, pulling me back down. "Stay."

"A Defense base doesn't run itself." I point out, raising an eyebrow.

He rolls us over so he's on top, staring pointedly down at me. "I know that you have Matt. Plus my guys know how to use a hammer safely enough. Relax, will you?"

Even though it's my room, I laugh and relent against him. He turns again so that I'm resting my head on his chest, his arms encasing me as we relax. He always seems to pull us into this position. I don't put a timer on myself like I did last time we were in bed. What's the point when I'm so happy?

We stay, maybe for an hour, laying in bed. Neither of us talk about our responsibilities. Instead I run my hands through his hair as he talks about the teenage-type drama from the Construction sector. He plays with my hands as I fill him in about Evelyn and Rob. He tickles me when I tease him about how Defense is better than Construction. We talk about our favorite films and foods. He tries to explain social media to me again and I cut him off with my lips against his.

Eventually, somehow, I stumble out of bed. With cheeks hurting from smiling and his t-shirt swamping my frame. Leonardo can't help commenting on it.

"Who knew you were so crude?" I question, gathering my clothes.

He spreads his arms, still naked in bed with the cover draped loosely around his waist. I commit the image to my memory. "You said you wanted everything with me. Here's everything."

I laugh and leave him to get ready, taking a moment to collect myself in the bathroom. I try not to grin at myself in the mirror but it's a difficult task when I feel so blissed out. Leonardo meets up with me and we make it down to the canteen for the end of breakfast, just. We're the last two plates to be served from Robert who has a knowing smirk on his face.

"Good morning." Isaac smiles.

He's back on our table, obviously sensing the shift within Leonardo and I's relationship. I'm glad he's back and, frankly, feel grateful that he moved in the first place. He's Leonardos best friend first and foremost and I'm glad Leonardo has someone like that who will always back him up. Staying away until they know that their actions won't hurt their friend further.