Getting ready

Leigh

I slept awfully without Jade beside my side. I felt disgusted for saying what I said to Perrie. Eventually, I just got Brooklyn out of bed and into my bed with me. I was obviously careful but I needed to have her closer to me.

I woke up to her pulling on my hair and her little fingers scratching at my face. It was too cute to be upset with her for it. I got us both up and ready for the day, I didn't really know what to do. I didn't have work today and Brooke did have nursery but I didn't think I'd cope without her by my side all day. I rang up my sister last night, explaining the situation to her- she told me how wrong I was. But she also told me she loves me and that she's always there for me. I knew she had work today so I couldn't go see her. Maybe I could go for a walk with Brooke, go out for some lunch. I had my friend, Grace I could call, see if she wanted to meet me. I don't think she'd ever met Brooke. I think I'll do that.

I texted Jade, letting her know my plans as she had asked. She told me she's taking Perrie to the aquarium which I know Pez will love. Grace said she can meet me around 2pm. It was now 11. Brooklyn was having some play time on the floor. I sighed heavily looking around the living area and seeing all of Perrie's little toys. I felt awful for what I said- absolutely awful. I crawled to Brooklyn and laid myself beside her. She looked at me and babbled happily. I saw her little teeth coming through her smile and honestly, seeing my baby happy instantly lifted my spirits. Maybe these next couple of days won't be too bad after all.

Jade

I'd already gotten myself up and out of bed. Now I had the task of waking a deeply sleeping Perrie up. It was 10am and I'm hoping, we can get little miss Perrie dressed and awake in the next half hour, go get breakfast and arrive a little earlier for the aquarium at midday.

"Wakey wakey," I mumbled, shaking her shoulder slightly. She whimpered and rolled over, further away from me. I giggled and moved closer, shaking her again."It's time to wake up lovely," I said softly, kissing her cheek. "No, mama it not," she groaned, pulling the blanket up to her face. I chuckled and rubbed her back. "It is munchkin, come on," I said, pulling back the covers more. She whined loudly and flopped her legs around on the bed, making me laugh. She scowled at me this time, she looked too cute though. With her little scowly face, her rosy red cheeks and messy, bed hair I couldn't dare call her anything but a little baby. I smiled at her and opened my arms.

"No," she pouted, rolling away from me. "Okay, shall we get you dressed?" I chuckled."No," she pouted again, crossing her arms across her chest. "Okay, shall we get your soggy bottom changed?" I suggested. "No," she grumbled. I just laughed. "I guess my little princess does't want her surprise then..." I mumbled, looking away but making sure I can see her out of the corner of my eye.

"W-what surpwise mama?" She asked, suddenly seeming a lot more awake. I smiled, and shrugged at her. "Tellllll me," she whined, grabbing my arm and pulling it. "There is no point telling you if you aren't getting up today, is there?" I smirked. "Mamaaaaaa," she whined, moving to sit on my knee. "Whattttttaaaaa?" I teased, tickling under her chin. "I wan two know what da pwise is," she smirked, cheekily. "Well I'll tell you once you're alllll ready. Deal?" I said. She huffed at me, crossed her arms and slouched but I could tell she was thinking about it. I giggled. 
"Otay, fine," she grumbled, rolling off my knee and onto the floor.

"Go lie down on the changing mat baba," I said. I was only going to have her in a pull up today as I didn't need her big bulky nappy being obvious to anyone at the aquarium. I'm just going to have to keep mental note of her water intake and also keep reminding her to take toilet trips. "Mama is going to put you in a pull up, okay?" I said softly, rubbing her warm leg as I pulled down her pj pants. She nodded and yawned. "W-why mama?" she mumbled, after a minute and looked at me with her third and fourth finger in her mouth. I smiled, gently pulled her hand away and replaced her fingers with a clean paci. She giggled. "Because, we are going out," I replied, keeping it simple for her. "Mamwa," she mumbled, round her paci as I sat her up. "Hm?" I replied, pulling off her t-shirt. "I tiwed an hungy," she sighed, holding her belly. I smiled at her. "Mama is hungry too, shall we go get some yummy breakfast soon?" I asked, rubbing my own belyl too. "Wes mamwa, we nweed too," she nodded, liking the idea of food coming to her soon. "Good!" I smiled then pulled her t-shirt over her head. I was putting her in a white turtle neck with a navy blue, leather skirt and some opaque tights (for modesty).

Once she was dressed, I took her into the bathroom to get her face washed, hair brushed and teeth brushed too.

"You try on the toilet for me baby, then we can get going, okay?" I smiled, kissing her freckled cheek. She nodded and went to the toilet.

I packed a bag of wipes, spare pull ups, plasters and a paci for her just in case. "Right little miss," I stated, when she came out of the bathroom, shaking ehr wet hands. She looked up at me with a cute expression. "You can pick one teddy to come with us!" I said, holding up one finger. I had brought four with me to the hotel as I know she adores every single one of them and can't sleep without at last two.

"J-jus one?" She mumbled, looking at me sadly. "Just one princess, we don't need any getting lost or dirty, do we?" I smiled and sat on the edge of the bed. I pulled on my trainers whilst I let her pick. Eventually, she showed me a teddy bear. IT looked a bit like paddington, wearing a raincoat and red rain hat but Perrie refused to believe his name was Paddington and called him Greggor instead. "Is that your pick?" I asked, cuddling her. "Mhmm, Gwegg never come on twip fore," she smiled, holding the bears paw. I smiled, kissed her cheek and helped her put her shoes on. As we left the hotel room, I made sure we had everything we needed, switched off the lights and shut the door quietly.

"Mama, where we go?" Perrie mumbled, slipping her hand into mine."We are going to the aquarium!" I giggled, pressing the elevator button. She gasped and looked at me with pure excitement! "WES!" She cheered happily. I smiled. One point to mama.