Breakfast

Jade

"An an an dere gone be fwishes an stwar fish an an sharks! Mama we gon see sharks an annnn octopuses wif wots of wiggwy wegs!" Perrie cheered happily as I parked in front of the breakfast restaurant. She'd been rambling the whole way here about how excited she was to go to the aquarium and honestly, her excitement was infectious. She looked too cute with her happy face and I really couldn't dare tell her to turn down her volume.

"Let's go get some yummy food in that happy belly," I giggled, turning off the engine. She wiggled her legs happily and waited for me to one her door. Instantly, she took told of my hand and swung them. I smiled at her. "What are you going to get bub?" I asked then hold open the door. "Hmmm, do they do pancakes?" she asked, eyes wide. "I'm sure they do baby, it's a whole restaurant dedicated to breakfast," I chuckled. We stood at the front, waiting to be seated. Someone came over to us with two menus in her hand. "Good morning, just the two of you?" She smiled, happily. Perrie nodded excitedly and tapped her belly. "If you'd like to follow me," she said, motioning to follow her. She walked us over to a table for two and set the menus down.

"W-where gregg gone sit?" Perrie whispered to me quietly. I smiled and wrapped arm around her waist."Thank you love," I said to the waitress. She walked away. "He can sit on your knee baba," I said, pulling out a chair for her to sit down in. She sat down then sat Greggor on her knee. I smiled and sat in my own chair. "I sooooooo 'cited mama!" she giggled, showing me her dimple. "I know you are baby!" I laughed, opening the menu.

"Dey got 'ancakes?" she asked, leaning over and putting her feet up on the chair. "Baby sit down," I said quitely. She whimpered but did so. "Thank you. You can have a look for what you want here darling," I opened up the other menu and showed her. "Mamaaaa," she whined and flopped her head onto it. I chuckled and saw pancakes on the menu. "What flavour do you want baba?" I asked her. "Bwubewwy," she mumbled grumpily.

"Hey, come on now. What happened to my excited baby two minutes ago hm?" I smirked, scratching her head. She just whimpered and pushed my hand off her head. I knew exactly why she was grumpy and it was because I told her off well I hardly even told her off. I only made her sit down. She was excited and in her little mind, mama telling her off completely bursts her bubble. "Baby sit up," I said a little more sympathetically. She just shook her head and sniffled. I gently ran my hand through her hair. "Come on bub, you're not in trouble," I said.

"Hi there, are you ready to order?" A different woman smiled as she stood in front of our table. Perrie instantly sat up but avoided eye contact with me. "Yes please. Can we have a latte and orange juice and then can we also have blueberry pancakes with vanilla ice cream and the full english without tomatoes?" I asked. "You can, would you like two or three pancakes?" She asked. Hm, I didn't know. Would she eat three? I mean she probably would but whether or not it was a good idea if we are going out all day and walking about? Will she get belly ache?

"Three!" Perrie cheered. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "How big are they?" I asked. She made an average sized circle with her hands. "Can we just have two then please?" Perrie whimpered but the woman quickly wrote down two. "I'll bring that to you as soon as possible," She said amiably and walked away, taking our menus too. "I wan threeeeeee," Perrie instantly whined, tapping her feet. I raised my eyebrows at her. "You're getting ice cream with them. Ice cream for breakfast and you're still complaining at me?" I teased. She visibly huffed and scuffed her feet on the ground.

"I'm not taking any grumpy girls with me to the aquarium today, Perrie," I said, pulling out my phone. "I-I-I no gwumpy!" she grumbled. I laughed. "You can be excited babe, that's completely okay but when we are out at a restaurant, them little feeties need to stay on the ground and you know the rules of what mama says goes don't you?" I asked, looking at her. She blushed and nodded. "Right, so you can't argue with me or get grumpy because I told you to sit down," I stated. She just nodded. "I sowwy mama," she whimpered. I smiled. "Thank you for saying sorry, it's okay." I confirmed and smiled at her. She nodded and smiled back.

----

"Mama! We here!" Perrie cheered and lifted her bottom out of the seat to try and get a better look. I regret giving her ice cream at 10am- she won't stop bouncing. "Baby please, mama needs to park up so you need to sit down okay?" I smiled softly and put my hand on her leg. "B-but mama I no seee," she whined, trying to look around. "Sweetheart there is nothing to see yet. All the fishes are inside. Sit down please," I said, a little harsher. She huffed but sat down. "Thank you." I quickly parked the car and her seatbelt was off in an instant. She also went to open her door- we didn't have child lock on on the front as it's just a hassle.

"Perrie, stop," I said, as it clicked open. She looked at me sadly and closed it. I nodded, took my own belt off and made sure I had everything I needed. "Listen princess," I mumbled, holding her hand, "I understand you're sooo super excited but I still need you to be a good girl for me. It's just mama today when usually its mama and mummy so I just need your cooperation a little bit. Okay?" I said. I was hoping if I threw in the fact mama is on her own today, she'd feel a little bit of sympathy for me and it will encourage her more to be better behaved. I knew she wasn't intentionally being being naughty but she'd broken quite a few rules already this morning, she was just excited. We hadn't been out on trips like this in a long time with everyone working and wedding planning etc.

"Otay mama, I sowwwwwy," she smiled sweetly and leaned into me. I giggled, kissed her head and gave her a squeeze. "Thank you baby. Now, let's go see some fishes!" I cheered and got out of the car. Perrie jumped out of her side too making me laugh. A lot of the time, she waited for me as she gets nervous with other cars around but right now, the excitement was clearly radiating it. "I ne'er been here fore!" she said to me and swung our hands. "Well it's a wonderful surprise then!" I chuckled. Just as we got to the doors, she gasped and tugged at my hand.

"Mama!" she cried, pointing to the car. "What baby?" I asked, panicked. "Gwegg in de car bwy himswelf! I forgotted him mama!" she cried. She was about to let go of my hand to run back to the car but I made sure I grabbed her arm too as a car drove past. "We'll go get him together bub, calm down. It's okay," I said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She hated leaving her teddies alone.

We quickly grabbed Greggor out of the car and Perrie held him close to her chest as we walked back to the entrance of the aquarium. She kept whispering that she was sorry to him over and over and it truly was too cute. "Are you ready baba?" I asked her, taking hold of her hand again. She smiled wide and nodded as I opened the door.