Chapter 4: The Reverse Flash.

My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive. 9 months ago I was struck by lightning when the Particle Accelerator explded. I woke up to find I have super speed. I now use this power save my city. I am The Flash.

A few weeks since Barry became the Flash, Central City has become to know their new hero. He has also come across some people like Mordon. Once Barry defeated them, they were placed in meta-human prison in Star Labs. Barry stopped at Jitters before going to work. When he stepped outside, someone pulled a gun on him and forced him into an alley. "Wallet. Now" he demanded. "Wait, really? You're really trying to mug me?" Barry asked with excitement.

The mugger got frustrated and cooked the gun ready to fire. Barry quickly used his speed to place a cop there and handcuffed him to a pipe. Barry ran to the CCPD and handed Eddie some coffee. Barry headed up to his lab to some more research about his mom's death. Then he heard Eddie asked "What's all this?". "It's about my mom's case. I always knew my dad didn't do it and now after knowing that people have some unique abilities, I thought maybe one of them did it" answered Barry.

"Well I believe you. Before... what happened with Mordon I wouldn't have" said Eddie. "Describe what happened that night" said Eddie.

"Well, my mom was putting me to bed, it was only a few minutes then I heard shouting. I went downstairs and saw my mom in the middle of lightning. Different coloured lightning. Before I could do anything, I found myself 3 blocks away in a few seconds. I ran back to the house and found my mom... dead and my dad getting arrested" Barry described.

"I'm sorry, Barry. Maybe if we go back to your old house, we might find something" Eddie suggested. "Yeah. Maybe later. But right, we got a case" said Barry.

Barry and Eddie were headed to their new crime scene, while back at Star Labs, Caitlin and Wells were checking Central City for any new meta-human activity. But they found nothing. "Miss Snow, can you call Barry and tell him we need to do some more tests?" Wells asked. "Sure" she replied. Caitlin called Barry to tell him what Wells said.

Later, Barry and Eddie arrived at Star Labs to do some more tests on Barry's speed. He walked onto a treadmill once it activated he started running really fast. "Why are there boxes?" asked Eddie. "Oh, just a precaution" answered Caitlin. "Hey guys. Let's see how fast I can run backwards!" Barry yelled. Barry was running backwards really fast. Then, he crashed into the boxes. "I'm fine!" Barry yelled.

"Well, you're definitely improving with your speed" said Wells. "Yeah, try to hold back on the cockiness" suggested Eddie. Barry nodded in agreement. "Everyone go get some rest" said Wells. He and Eddie left while Barry noticed Caitlin still working. He also noticed at picture of Caitlin smiling with someone.

"Who's that? Barry asked. "That's Prof Stein. He went missing during the explosion" answered Caitlin. "And who's that?" he asked. "That's Ronnie. He was my fiancé" she replied. "What happened?" Barry asked. "It was the night of the Particle Accelerator. There was something... wrong. Ronnie went to check it out and he got trapped where the prison is. When it exploded... he um... died" she said, struggling not to cry but she did. She felt the pain of losing someone she loved very much. Barry knew that feeling.

"Come on. Let's go get a drink" Barry suggested. "No. I'm fine" she said sternly. Barry left to head home.

The next day, The Flash was apprehending a bank robbery. "Hi" he said. Before they knew it, the robbers were tied then the cops showed up.

"Hey, nice job, man" said Eddie. "Thanks" Barry said. Eddie decided to head to Barry's childhood home where his mom died. Eddie was looking around but didn't find anything out of the ordinary. He decided to give up and head back to the CCPD.