Chapter 27: Ralph Digby/ Elongated Man.

Previously...

What are this man's new found powers? And will he take the mysterious man's advice?

The next morning, Barry treated Kara to a breakfast on bed. "Aw, thanks" she said. "Well, you deserve it, Kara" Barry said. Barry was staring at her while she was eating. "What?" she asked. "Nothing. It's just... you're so beautiful" he said. Kara giggled.

Meanwhile at the CCPD, the man with newfound powers headed inside, and asked for Barry Allen. He was told where his lab was and an officer called him. "Hello? Yes, okay. I'll be right there" Barry said. "What's wrong?" Kara asked. "Oh nothing. Someone wants to see me. It shouldn't take too long" he replied. "Okay. Even with your speed, don't take too long or... I might get lonely" she said, teasingly. Barry quickly left at her statement. Barry headed into his lab and was shocked by the person who wanted to see him. "Ralph?!" Barry exclaimed. "Hey Barry. It's been a while, hasn't it?" Ralph asked. "Yeah it has. What do you want?" Barry asked, gruntly. "Something's wrong with me. And I don't know what to do" he replied. "Alright. I'll take you to Star Labs" Barry said.

Barry took Ralph to Star Labs for Caitlin to get Ralph checked. Ralph was laying down on a bed while she was scanning him. But, while she was scanning Ralph, they saw what powers he had. "Woah. My body feels weird" he said. "Weird how?" Caitlin asked. "I don't know. It just does" he said. Then, his leg just... sprung out like a slinky. "Holy crap!" Wells exclaimed. "Ahhhh! What's happening to me!" Ralph screamed. "I, I don't know. I've never seen anything like this" Caitlin said. Ralph was about to sneeze and when he did... his face just melted into his hand. "Eww! Is that my face?" Ralph asked. Ronnie puked. "Oh boy. We've got our work cut out for us this time" Barry said.

"Am I gonna stay like this?" Ralph asked. "No. I think your body's reconstructing your stretched limbs to fix them" Caitlin replied. Then, as she said, the stretched limbs were pulling themselves back in he became normal. "Oh thank God!" Ralph exclaimed. "What made him go like this?" Wells asked. "I have no idea" Caitlin replied. "Okay, so let's get you back to your office" Barry said. "What? Barry, I need to examine him to see how he got his powers" Caitlin argued. "Come on!" Barry exclaimed. "So, why can't I stay?" Ralph asked. "Because we have got too many things going on and a new meta-human is the last thing we need" Barry replied. Then a mugger pulled a gun. "Hey! Wallets, now!" he demanded. "What are we going to do?" Ralph asked. "I'll deal with it" Barry answered. The mugger shot his gun and hit Ralph. But instead of killing him, the bullet stretched his chest and the bullet shot right back and hit the mugger in his leg. "Ahhh! What the hell was that?!" the mugger shouted.

"What happened?" Ralph asked. "Your powers must've protected you. Let's go back to Star Labs" Barry said. Barry took Ralph back to Star Labs to examine him more. When Ralph was getting examined, the meta-human alarm was going off like crazy. "What the heel is that?" Ralph asked. "There are lots of meta-human's" Wells said. "Guys, go" Wells said. Barry, Wally and Jesse went to deal with them. But then, there was another one. "Another one?" Caitlin asked. "Looks like he can shoot acid" Caitlin said. "I'll go" Ralph suggested. "What?" Ronnie questioned. "When the mugger shot me, I didn't get hurt, the bullet bounced off me and shot the mugger" he replied. "Alright, fine" Wells said. Ralph went and Wells said "He's so gonna get killed".

"Hey, acid boy! Try and hurt me" Ralph said. "My my. How stupid you must be" he said. He shot acid at Ralph, but he stretched out the way. "What the hell?" he asked. "You have powers. So do I" Ralph said. Ralph stretched his arms and punched the acid man. But acid was shot and burned Ralph. "Ahhh!" he screamed. Then Barry arrived. "Ralph?! What the hell happened?!" Barry questioned. Barry brought Ralph back to Star Labs, when Kara arrived. "Barry? What's going on?" she asked. "Kara, hey. I'm sorry that I was gone for so long but, I had some trouble" Barry replied. "It's okay. We heroes are always needed" she said, then she kissed him. "So, how's Ralph?" Wally asked. "Well, it looks like he can heal himself, like you guys" Caitlin replied. "Burning!" squealed Ralph. "Stop being a baby" Wells said, slapping his acid burn. "So, what's happening here?" Kara asked. "Oh, just some new meta-human" Barry said.

"Wow! I've never seen any stretchy powers before" Kara said. "I know. Ronnie puked" he said. Kara laughed a bit. "Hey, I think it's time for me to go home" Kara said. Barry was disappointed, but he knew she couldn't stay forever. "I know. I just wish we had more time together" he said. "I know, but I'll always miss you" she said. She then kissed Barry. "Come on, I'll see you home" Barry said. Kara opened up a portal to Earth 38, then said "I love you, Barry". "I love you too" he said. She left. Barry headed back to main area to see how Ralph was. "How's he doing?" he asked. "He's healing, luckily" Wells replied. Them the alarm went off. "What is it?" Barry asked. "Another meta-human" Caitlin replied. "And it looks like he she can control water" Caitlin said. "Well, this shouldn't be too hard" Jesse said. "Just be careful" Wells said. Barry, Wally and Jesse headed out to deal with the new meta-human, without realising how strong she will be.

"Hey! Why don't you surrender and safe yourself the trouble!" Kid Flash shouted. "Oh really? How's this?!" she asked. She created a powerful water tornado and it trapped Jesse and Kid Flash inside. Barry blasted tornadoes of his own, which stopped the water tornado. "So, defeating the speedster trios will be an honour" she said. Wally and Jesse were going to shoot lightning bolts at her, but she exploded two fire hydrants and aimed it at them. The lighting bolts shocked Jesse and Wally and knocked them out. Barry quickly sped them back to Star Labs.

"How are they?" Barry asked. "They're okay. But, it might take a while for them to wake up" Caitlin replied. The alarm went off again. "It's Water Sphinx again" Caitlin said. "Water Sphinx?" Ronnie questioned. "Yeah. The name I gave her. I'm allowed to call meta-humans too" Caitlin argued. "Water Sphinx? I like it" Barry said. "Well, she's causing trouble at the bank" Caitlin said. Barry was going but Ralph said "I'm coming too". "No, you're not" Barry argued. "Look, you may not like me, but I was able to handle that acid guy this morning okay. Besides, you haven't got much options left" Ralph said. Barry was considering it, then he decided to let him tag along. "Alright, fine. But, if you're going out, you need a suit" Barry said. Ronnie showed Ralph his new suit. "Sweet" he said.

The Flash and Ralph arrived at the bank. "Well well well, I guess The Flash is back for round two. And who's your new friend?" Sphinx asked. Ralph's brain went blank. Until, he shouted "I am Elongated Man!". Water Sphinx created a water tornado, but Elongated Man stretched his arms out, grabbed her legs and threw her into a wall. "Lucky shot" she said. Barry sped around her and punched her really fast. It was like there were multiple Barry's hitting her. Elongated Man stretched himself into a sling shot, Barry placed Water Sphinx on the sling shot, sped around the world and then... Ralph shot her at Barry and he used the Super Sonic Punch. Water Sphinx was defeated. She was taken back to Star Labs and placed in the meta-human jail.

Wally and Jesse woke up. "Oh Jesse! Thank God!" Wells exclaimed. "I'm okay, dad" she assured him. "Well, you did good, Ralph. Never thought I'd say that" Barry said. "Yeah. Hey, does this mean I'm on the team?" Ralph asked. "Yeah. Welcome" Barry said, shaking Ralph's hand. "Guys! Meet the new member of our team!" Barry exclaimed. Everyone was congratulating each other.

Meanwhile on Earth 38, when Kara was arrived back from Earth 1, she found her Earth in dissary. "Oh my rao! What's going on?" she asked. Earth 38 was being run by someone who her cousin knows too well: Lex Luthor.

What happened while Kara was away? When did Lex rise to power? And will she defeat Lex Luthor?

To be continued...