Chapter 8: The Flash vs Reverse Flash Part 1

Previously...

Wells entered a secret room in Star Labs. There inside lies the suit of the Reverse Flash. He got up from his wheelchair and Gideon activated. "Are we ready to initiate the plan, Mr Thawne?". "We are indeed" he replied.

After the Reverse Flash's previous visit, Grodd mentioning his name and what Shay said to him, Barry was convinced that Wells is hiding something. But what?

Barry was going over his mother's case again. But every time he did, it would bring back the pain that he can't find proof that will free his father. Then Eddie came in. "Hey. You going over your mom's case again?" he asked. "Yeah. I just can't find anything" Barry said frustratingly. Barry was staring at his desk. "What's up?" Eddie asked. "Nothing it's just... when we cured Shay I found the device on my desk. I just wish... that something, anything can help me with this case" he answered.

Meanwhile, Shay Lamden was jogging. But he got the sudden feeling that he was being followed. He kept on looking behind but he couldn't see anything strange. Then all of a sudden, he was pulled into an alley. "Who are you?" he asked. The person revealed himself as Dr Wells. "Wells?! How are you... you can walk?!" he asked with shock in his voice. "I just wanted to warn you. Say anything... and you'll be dead this time" Wells said. Then he sped away.

Shay was left panting again and again.

There was nothing really going on in Central City lately. Dr Wells, Ronnie, Stein were at Star Labs and Barry and Eddie were at the CCPD. Just a simple bank robbery. Nothing special. No new meta involved but the Flash was needed.

Barry got a call. It was Shay. He answered and Shay was frantic and talking too fast even for the Flash to understand. "Okay. Calm down, Shay. I'm coming over" Barry said. Barry went to Shay's to see what happened.

He knocked on the door he entered. "Hey, so what's wrong?" Barry asked. Shay kept looking out the window as if he scared of something. "Wells can walk. He can goddamm walk!" Shay exclaimed. "Wait, what?! How is that possible?" Barry asked. "I don't know but whatever happened after the explosion he never lost the use of his legs!" exclaimed Shay. "Okay, calm down. Is this why you told I can't trust him" Barry asked. "No" he answered. "Then why did you tell me he's the reason you were King Shark?" Barry asked. "The reason why is because I saw him going into the walls in the hallway of Star Labs and he thought he killed me in the explosion" explained Shay. "Okay, thanks" Barry said. Barry left wondering if what he says it true.

Meanwhile, Eddie got called to a new case. On a roadway in the country. It was a decomposed that looked really horrifying. "Damn. How long has he been dead?" Eddie asked. "I don't know who he is or how he died but he's been here for almost a year" said the CSI. "Well, get him examined and send Barry the results" said Eddie.

Barry was at Star Labs checking the hallway walls for a secret room. He found nothing. Then he got spooked by Dr Wells. "Ah Mr Allen, what are you doing?". "Nothing. I'm just... bored" he replied. Barry then got a message. "Who is it?" Wells asked. "It's just Eddie. He got a case. Found a body on a roadway in the country. He says the body's neen there for nearly a year" Barry said. Dr Wells was speechless. "Oh oh wow. That long?" he asked. "Yeah. I best be going" Barry said then he left. Dr Wells' secret was in danger of being discovered. But what could he know about the body that left him speechless?

Barry was heading back to CCPD. He was called into the Capt's office. "Allen! Office!". Barry went into his office which Eddie didn't see. He went to his lab thinking he was there. Then the phone rang. "Hello?" he asked. It was the coroner. "Is Mr Allen there?" he asked. "No. But if it's about the this body earlier send the results" said Eddie. "Okay, but I'm sure they can't be right" he said before he hung up. The results were sent over and Eddie was shocked by what he saw. "Holy crap! How is tha..." Eddie said before he heard something. "Hello? Who's there?" he asked. He turned to find nobody there but when he turned around, the Reverse Flash was there! He kidnapped Eddie and ran away, leaving the results in the floor.

Barry left Capt's office and headed to his lab. He found the door open and entered slowly and cautiously. He didn't see anything strange and relaxed a bit. He wandered over to his desk and found a piece of paper on the floor. Barry's face widened with shock and he wanted to tell someone, but he couldn't. He decided to wait for the right time.

Meanwhile, Eddie woke up. Tied with his own handcuffs to a pipe. It was dark. It was dusty. The Reverse Flash came out the shadows. "What do you want?" he asked frantically. He took off his mask and revealed how he really was to Eddie. "Oh my God!" Eddie exclaimed.

Barry ran to Star Labs to confront Wells. Stein, Ronnie and Caitlin were there. "Where is he? Where's Wells?!" he asked. "He left" answered Caitlin. Barry walked to the hallway to look for that secret room again. The others trailed behind him. "Barry, what are you doing?" Stein asked. Then finally, Barry found the switch to open the secret room. "What's that?" Ronnie asked. "Hopefully, answers" answered Barry.

They all entered and the first thing they saw was the Reverse Flash's suit. "Oh my God! The Reverse Flash has been living here?!" Ronnie asked. "No he hasn't. He's been with us right under our noses!" Barry yelled. He handed them the results from the earlier case. "What's this?" Caitlin asked. "Eddie got a case earlier about a body. That's the identity. It's Harrison Wells" Barry replied. The three of them looked at Barry in shock and confusion. "How is that possible?" Caitlin asked. "Shay told me that I can't trust Wells. That he's the reason Shay was like that" said Barry.

Then Gideon activated. "Hello, Mr Allen" she said. "Um, hello. Who are you?" Barry asked. "I am Gideon" she answered. "Why is Wells the Reverse Flash?" Stein asked. "Dr Wells isn't the Reverse Flash. Dr Wells is dead" she answered. "Then who is?" Caitlin asked. "His name... is Eobard Thawne" Gideon said. "Wait? Thawne? Isn't that the last name of your partner?" Stein asked. "Yeah. Just who is Eobard Thawne? And why did he kill my mother?" Barry asked. "Thawne killed your mother for you to become the Flash" she replied. Then she said "Warning. Warning. Eobard Thawne is near". "Come on, we need to leave!" Caitlin exclaimed. "Wait! What if ghosty over there tells him we were here?" Ronnie asked. "Um Gideon, can you not tell Wells that we were here?" Barry asked. "Of course. I will obey any command given to me by you" she said. "Great. Let's go" Caitlin said. "Wait, wait. Why would you obey me? Barry asked, confused. "Because you created me" she said. She then turned off and Barry speed everyone out of there before Wells arrived.

Wells entered the room. "Hello Gideon. How is everything?" he asked. "Everything has been fine" she answered.

Barry sped everyone outside. "Wow. I cannot believe we have working with the Reverse Flash all this time!" shouted Ronnie. Barry was frustrated, angry that he has been working with his mom's killer for 10 months. "That's it. I'm taking him on" said Barry. "Wait wait wait. What are you going to do? He's stronger than you. For now, let him think that we still don't know" Caitlin. "She's right. If he thinks we still don't know, we can surprise him later" Ronnie said. Barry stopped, then he got a call.

It was the Capt. "Hello. What?! Alright, I'm coming" he said. "What's wrong?" Stein asked. "It's Eddie. He's missing" Barry answered. When Barry got back to the CCPD, Capt Singh was calling in all available officers. "Right now, one of our own is missing! It's Eddie Thawne! Now I may not know why he's missing, but what I do know that we're bringing him home safe! Now, I want everyone going through all his cases and figure out who might have it our for him!" Singh yelled.

Barry was facing his toughest challenge yet at the Flash. Dr Wells is really dead, the other Dr Wells is the Reverse Flash and Eddie is missing. Can Barry find Eddie and will he defeat the Reverse Flash?

To be continued...