Chapter 5: Firestorm.

Previously...

Caitlin has discovered that Ronnie is alive! And he's a meta-human. Can Ronnie be saved?

Ronnie was scared, frightened because he kept a voice hearing a in his head and it won't go away. "Go away!" he yelled. "Listen to me. Listen to me!" the voice shouted.

Meanwhile...

Caitlin was working hard to find Ronnie and figuring out how to save him. "What about Stein? What happened to him?" Eddie asked. Dr Wells was going over the security footage on the night of the explosion, and he found something interesting. "I found something which will answer some questions" Wells said. Everyone gathered to where he was and were watching the footage. It showed Stein was leaving the building, then the explosion and then... a mist of some sort gathered around Stein and then... he was gone.

"Wait!" Caitlin exclaimed. She rewinded the footage to before Stein vanished and found something. "Look!" Caitlin exclaimed. She zoomed in... on a face? "Is that..." said Barry before "Yes! Yes it's Ronnie!" Caitlin exclaimed with happiness and relief. "Come on. Come what are we waiting for?" she asked. "Cait... he may be alive but we no idea where he could be" said Barry. "He's right. He could be scared, no idea what's happening to him. You saw what he could do" Eddie said.

"He saved Barry!" she shouted. "Yes, but we have no idea how powerful he is, Miss Snow. And maybe he doesn't know either" Wells pointed out. "So basically, Ronnie and Stein are sharing Ronnie's body. They must be going crazy" Eddie said. "Maybe we can build something that can separate  the two of them" Barry suggested. "I don't see why not" said Wells. Eddie got a text. "Barry, come on we got a case". Barry and Eddie left while Caitlin and Dr Wells were busy building a machine that will hopefully help Stein and Ronnie.

Meanwhile, when Barry and Eddie got to their new crime scene... they got concerned by their new victim. They met with the Capt Singh. "Okay boys, we got a crispy one" he said. "Well, the victim burned beyond recognition. Maybe I check dental records to who this guy was" Barry said.

"Hey Barry, do think it's Ronnie?" Eddie asked. "I hope not. Hopefully he doesn't know what he's doing" answered Barry. "We need to find him before he does it again" Eddie said with concern.

Ronnie was panting again and again. He was outside someone's house. It was a woman's house. It belonged to the wife of Martin Stein. She was sad, depressed because she hasn't seen her beloved husband in nearly a year.

The second he was seen, he ran away. I guess Stein wanted to see his wife. Who could blame him?

Back the CCPD, Barry and Eddie were working on trying to find Ronnie. "Allen, did you find anything useful?" Singh asked in a frustrated voice. "Yes I do. The victim is Tyler Smith. A drug dealer" answered Barry. "Yeah, I've dealt with Smith. He's not particularly a smart dealer but he's part of a gang" said Eddie. "Maybe Smith was double crossed and died in a fire" he added. "Maybe. But I want proof, now!" Singh ordered. "Right now, Capt thinks his own gang killed him" said Barry. "Good. Let's keep it that way until we find Ronnie before he kills anyone else" Eddie said.

Back at Star Labs, Caitlin and Dr Wells were almost finished building the Firestorm Matrix Device.

Meanwhile...

In an alleyway in Central City, late at night. Ronnie was panting with anger. He was frustrated with the voice in his head. He was hungry. He was searching the bins for food, until a gang of thugs became across him. They teasing him, threatening him until... Ronnie exploded with rage of fire. Fire blasted to all the thugs killing them.

He flew away once he realised what he had done.

The next day, Barry and Eddie met with a very unhappy Capt Singh. "Allen, Thawne! This is getting out of hand! I want to proof to catch this bastard! Now!" Singh demanded with anger. Barry and Eddie knew they had to hurry. Later that day they decided to see if Caitlin and Dr Wells were finished.

"Hey, have you guys finished?" Barry asked. "Yes. It's called the Firestorm Martix Device. I'm sorry, I'm not good with names" she answered. "Okay soooo... how do we find him?" Eddie asked. No one said anything. Then the meta-human alarm went off. Caitlin went to check and said "It's Ronnie". Before Barry left she said "I'm coming with you". "No you're not. He's too dangerous. He could kill you" he said. "He's fight. He's already killed 6 people. You could be next" Eddie said. "I know but... I can get through to him. I know I can" Caitlin said assuring them. "Okay then. Let's go" said Barry. Barry ran to Ronnie's location with Caitlin.

It was an abandoned field. Thankfully no civilians around. "Ronnie! It's me, Caitlin. We want to help you! she yelled. They could see Ronnie in the distance in smoke. "You can't help me. I can't stop myself" he said with pain. "Barry, he looks like he's going to explode. Put the device on his chest and run!" Wells yelled through the comms.

Ronnie was heating up like a volcano. "He's gonna blow!" Eddie screamed. Barry grabbed the device off Caitlin and ran towards Ronnie. Then, there was an explosion.

"Ronnie! Barry! Can anyone hear me?!" Caitlin yelled. She couldn't hear anyone until... there was a hand stretching out of the ground. "Ronnie! Ronnie is that you?!" she asked. "Yes. Yes it's me" Ronnie said. Then Caitlin pulled him for a kiss. "Oh yeah don't worry, guys. Me and Stein are okay" Barry said sarcastically.

Later at Star Labs, Dr Wells was doing some tests on Stein and Ronnie. "What happened to us?" Stein asked. "Well, it seems that when Mr Raymond was caught in the explosion, he became a gas which then absorbed Stein and both you became trapped within Mr Raymond's body" explained Wells. "Can you two hold hands?" Wells asked, which everyone else found weird. Stein and Ronnie held hands and then... they combined to become what they were for nearly a year.

Caitlin quickly put the device on Ronnie and they immediately separated. "Wow!" Eddie exclaimed. "Firestorm" Barry said. "What?" Caitlin asked. "Firestorm. The name I'm giving you. And because of the Firestorm Martix thing" Barry said.

"Well Stein, I think someone wants to see you" Eddie said. Once Martin Stein got cleaned up, Barry and Eddie took him to see his wife for the first time in nearly a year.

They knocked on the door and when she opened the door, they showed her Martin Stein. She couldn't help but instantly cry and hugged Martin. "Thank you" she said. "Thank you for saving me" Stein said.

Barry and Eddie went back to the CCPD and needed to decide what to tell Capt Singh. "Here is our reports, sir" Eddie said. "So, the thugs we found killed Smith and then died from an accident?" he asked in disbelief. "Yes Capt that is exactly what happened" Barry said. "I guess they weren't really that smart" Eddie added. Barry and Eddie his office and called it a day.

Caitin took Ronnie back to her apartment to rest. "These last few months have been tough" she said. "I know. I'm sorry" Ronnie said. "I love you" she said. "I love you too" Ronnie said. They kissed and then slept together.

Meanwhile...

In the harbour at Central City... a shark with muscles all over its body was swimming through the harbour.

How will the Flash handle this new meta?

To be continued...