Chapter 16: Jesse Quick.

Previously...

Will Barry be able to walk again? What will Zoom do next? Will Jesse come forward about her secret?

It has been a few weeks since Zoom broke Barry's back, and everyone has been struggling. Their confidence was shaken. Everyone was helping regain the feeling in his legs. "With his speed healing, he should be able to heal completely like always but, he's healing slowly. I'm now sure how long it'll take" Caitlin stated. "It doesn't look good" Stein said.

Kid Flash has been cleaning up Central City while Barry's healing, but Wally's getting exhausted. There has been non stop crime in Central. It's like the city knows the Flash is injured. Then the alarm went off again. "Ahh! Why is there so much?!" Wally complained. Wally ran out and dealth with it. Meanwhile, there was someone in an alleyway. He was weak, walking slow. Then some thugs approached from behind. "Come here, man. Get us your wallet" they demanded. Then he started to conduct electricity from the surrounding lampposts. He let out a terrifying scream and pounced onto the thugs. He fried them, completely. Burned beyond recognition. He stopped their hearts. He felt stronger. How will Team Flash handle this new meta-human?

The next day, Caitlin was checking Barry's x-rays. "They are getting better, but it's going slowly" she said. Then the alarm went off again. It was this new electricity meta. "I'm on it" Wally said. Wally arrived at the new meta's location. "So uh, should we just get this over with?" Wally asked, like this was going to be easy. "Hmmm, electricity" he said. "What?" Wally asked, confused. The guy then shot powerful lightning bolts at Kid Flash, which knocked him down. "Wally, get up!" Wells shouted. Kid Flash was discombobulated. "Stein come on" Ronnie said. Firestorm was gearing up. The guy was walking up to Wally, he placed his hands on his chest, and was absorbing the electricity out of Wally. Wally had lost his speed, all of it. Then Firestorm arrived. Then he quickly fled.

Firestorm and Wally went back to Star Labs, where Caitlin was scanning Wally. "He took all his speed. He's now normal" Catilin said. Jesse was talking to her dad. "Jesse, no! You cannot reveal yourself!" Wells demanded. "What's going on?" Caitlin asked. Jesse then showed everyone that she also had super speed!

"You have super speed?!" Stein asked. "Yes, I do. How Barry got his speed is how I got mine" Jessie replied. "So I'm offering my help to stop this guy and until Barry's healed" she said. "I mean right now, you'll need all the help you can get at this point" Jesse pointed out. "She's right. We could use her help" Ronnie said. "Yeah but, how am I gonna get my speed back?" Wally asked. "I don't know but, if he can absorb it, maybe you can absorb it back" Stein suggested. "Wouldn't that kill him?" Caitlin asked. "Maybe, maybe not" he answered.

Meanwhile it has been a few days since Wally lost his speed, and Jesse was getting used to using her powers for the first time in a long time. Barry's condition still wasn't good. Then the alarm went off. It was the absorbing guy and he was looking for trouble. It was Jesse's time to shine. Firestorm went with her. "Hmm, more electricity" he said. He shot lightning bolts at them. He missed. Then Jesse used a move which Barry and Wally would learn. She rapidly created tornados using her hands. She blew him away. Then Firestorm landed some hits. He was down. Jesse approached him with caution, then he pounced and was absorbing her speed. Firestorm blasted fire at him which made him flee. Jesse had lost almost all her speed, she had some left, but not a lot.

It was night and everyone was at Star Labs, and they were all down. They had no idea how to deal with this new meta. There were already two speedster's down and didn't have many options they had. Barry was getting frustrated with his speed healing not working fast enough.

And then once again, the alarm went off. "It's him again. And you're not gonna like where he is" Caitlin said. "Where?" Barry asked. "Outside Star Labs" she answered. "He's inside" she said. "What are we going to do?" Wally asked. "We hide" Barry replied. "Where?" Wells asked. "The Time Vault" he replied. "Follow Caitlin" Barry said. Everyone entered the Time Vault to hide. Then Gideon activated. "Hello Mr Allen, how may I assist you today?" she asked. "Uh, Gideon, pull up the security footage" he answered. Gideon showed the footage and it showed that he was inside the building, and he was hungry.

"What happens if we shut off the power?" Wells asked. "He would have no electricity to absorb" Stein replied. "Gideon, turn off the power" Barry said. The power was shut off. The entirety of Star Labs was black. He got mad. He couldn't absorb anything. "Wait. I have an idea in which I can completely heal myself" Barry said. "What?" Stein asked. "If he can absorb, maybe I can absorb electricity to hurry up my speed healing and he'll be powerless" Barry answered. "Yes it could work, but there's a high chance you'll die" Stein said. "I have to take that risk. It's the only option. Is there somewhere we can transfer electricity?" Barry asked. "There is but it hasn't been used in years" Caitlin replied.

"Take me there" he said. "I'll come with you" Wells said. Wells, Barry and Caitlin left, leaving everyone else in the Time Vault. The absorbing guy was chasing the others. "He's chasing them. What are we going to do?" Wally asked. Jesse ran out and everyone else went after her. "Hey! I may not have enough speed, but take this!" she shouted. "Run!" Wally shouted. "Hey! You want more speed?! Follow me!" Barry shouted. Barry was holding onto a pole, and they had to get the other guy to grab the other pole. "Hey! Hey! Over here!" Wells yelled. He went to punch Wells and when he touched the metal pole, Caitlin turned the machine on.

All the electricity that the guy stole, Barry was absorbing. There was an explosion, and both of them were on the floor. The other guy died, but Barry wasn't moving. "Barry? You okay?" Caitlin asked. Barry slowly woke up. "Hey. Man, that was wild!" Barry exclaimed.

Everyone gathered in the main bit of Star Labs. Barry was completely healed and was walking again. He also gave Wally and Jesse their speed back. "Hey, you've got to us that tornado move you did" Wally said. 'Sure" she said. "I'm proud of you, Jeese" Wells said. "Thanks dad" she said. "So, welcome to the team" Barry said. "So what's our next move?" Caitlin asked. "We go after Zoom" Barry replied.

With Team Flash back to full strength, will they be strong enough to take down Zoom? But will Zoom just be too strong for them?

To be continued...