Chapter 36: Valentine's Day.

It was three months after Barry and Kara's wedding, and it was Valentine's Day. Kara decided to treat Barry by having a nice dinner and some fun afterwards.

Barry arrived in National City in Kara's apartment. "Hey Kara, happy Valentine's Day" he said. "Hey Barry. Happy Valentine's Day" she said. Barry handed her roses. "Wow. They're beautiful. Thank you" Kara said. "I have a few surprises in store for us tonight. First, it's a nice, romantic dinner" Kara said. "Can't wait" Barry said.

Barry and Kara headed to the restaurant for their Valentine's Day dinner. They were seated and were having a conversation. "So um, can I ask you something?" Kara asked. "Yeah, sure" Barry replied. "Do you think you wanna start a family?" she asked. "Like... have a baby?" he questioned. "Yes" she said. "I'd be nervous sure but, I've always wanted kids. I think you would make a great mom" he said. "And I think you'd make a great father" she said. They cheered, by tapping their glasses together.

After their dinner, Kara took Barry to her apartment. "Wait here. I need to get your gift" she said. Kara went to get Barry's present and said "Barry, I'm ready" she said. Barry walked over but he couldn't see her. "Where are you?" he asked. "I'm right here" she said. Barry turned around and saw Kara wearing sexy blue lingerie. "Wow!" he exclaimed. "You always told me blue was my colour" she said. "It so is" he said. Barry rushed over and kissed her. Kara pushed him onto the bed and layed on top of him.

The next morning, Kara decided to show him the Fortress of Solitude. They woke up in bed together. "Hey Barry, there's something I need to show you" she said. Kara led Barry to somewhere in the Artic. "What's this?" Barry asked. "This is a monument of my people's history. The Fortress of Solitude" Kara replied. "Wow. Awesome" Barry said. Kara opened the Fortress. Then the A.I floated out. "Miss Danvers, hello again. Is this man with you?" the A.I asked. "Yes. And it's Mrs Danvers now" she said. "Yes. Of course. What brings you here today?" it asked. "I am showing my husband the Fortress and I want him to be able to access it" Kara replied. "Yes' it replied. It floated away. Then a hologram of Kara's father appeared. "Hello dad" she said. "Hello Kara. Who is this man?" he asked. "He is my husband, Barry" she said. While Kara was talking to her father, Barry started to let tears go. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asked. "What? Nothing. It's just, it's sometimes when you miss your parents, you remember the pain" he replied.

That night, Barry and Kara were in her apartment. "Hey, before you go I want say something. I understand what it's like to miss your family. It's hard. Painful. That's why I wanted to give you this" she said. Kara handed Barry a little device. She placed it on the counter and it revealed holograms of Nora and Henry Allen. Barry's parents. "Hello son. We are proud of you. We're glad you've found someone. And we wanted to tell you: don't stop being who you are. A hero" they said. After hearing this, Barry released a waterfall of tears. Kara hugged him and comforted him. "Kara, I love you. And I'm happy. Also, I can't wait to start a family with you" he said. "Me too" Kara said. Barry and Kara stayed on the couch, hugging each other in silence.

Ever since, Barry and Kara had been trying to have a baby. But no such luck. It has been a few weeks and nothing has happened, until one day.

One morning, Kara woke up and wasn't feeling quite good. She didn't want to concern Barry in case it was nothing. "Okay, I'm heading back to Central City. I know it'll happen someday" he said. "I know it will" she said. They kissed and they waved goodbye. Supergirl headed to DEO to talk to Alex. "Hey Alex, I'm not feeling do good" she said. "Okay, I'll give you a scan" Alex said. Alex took Kara to the med bay to get an x-ray. After the x-ray, Alex got the results and was shocked. "What's wrong?" Supergirl asked. "I think I know the reason why you're not feeling well" Alex replied. Alex showed Kara the results and was relieved. "I'm pregnant?" Kara questioned. "My sister's pregnant!" Alex squealed. "Oh my rao, I have to tell Barry" Kara said. Supergirl rushed to Central City.

Meanwhile, Barry was in the Time Vault, when Gideon started glitching. Gideon showed a newspaper article. "What the hell?" Barry asked. The article read 'The Flash dies in 2019. The Flash saves Central City'. The article disappeared. Then, a portal opened. "Kara, what's wrong?" he asked. "I have some exciting news. This morning, I wasn't feeling all that good, so Alex took a scan and I doubled checked" she replied. "What?" Barry asked. "I'm pregnant" she said. "You are?" he questioned. "Yep" she replied. "We're having a baby!" Barry shouted. Barry and Kara hugged each other with excitement. Then someone appeared. The Monitor.

"Hello, Mr Allen" he said. "What do you want?" Barry asked. "I am here to tell you something. A crisis is coming. A crisis bigger than you've ever faced. And your sacrifice is required in order to save multiverse" Monitor replied.

Is the Monitor telling the truth? Will Kara's deepest fear come true? Will Barry die?

To be continued...