Chapter 9: The Flash vs Reverse Flash Part 2.

Previously...

Barry was facing his biggest challenge yet as the Flash. Dr Wells is really dead, the other Dr Wells is the Reverse Flash and Eddie is missing. Can Barry save Eddie?

Barry went to Star Labs to confront Wells. But he wasn't there. "Where's Wells?" Barry asked. "I don't know. He hasn't shown up yet" answered Caitlin. "Have you found Eddie?" Stein asked. "No. I'm guessing Eddie was kidnapped because he found the real Wells' body" said Barry.

Barry decided to talk to Gideon. "Gideon!" Barry shouted. "Yes, Mr Allen. How may I be of assistance?" she asked. "You told me that I created you. When?" he asked. "I have been programmed to tell certain things at certain times, but not now" she replied. "Okay, can you at least tell me why Thawne killed my mother?" he asked. "I haven't been programmed to give you the answer" he answered.

Meanwhile, Eddie was trying escape from wherever Wells had him tied up. He was pulling, hard until finally... he was free. He ran quickly and never looked back.

Back at Star Labs, Barry heard Wells' voice. Caitlin, Ronnie and Stein saw Wells and tried to act like they knew nothing. But they couldn't. "Why are you acting weird?" he asked. "We're not. We're acting normal" Catilin replied, while acting weird. Then Barry stormed in. "Where's Eddie?" he asked. "Why would I know?" Wells asked. "Cut the crap, Wells! We know the real Wells is dead and we know that you're the Reverse Flash!" Barry yelled.

Wells then let out a little laugh. Then said "Well, at least I can finally stop pretending". He got up and ran around everyone and knocked them down. "How easy that was! I have helped you two to get where you are right now! And even together you'll never defeat me!" Wells exclaimed. "By the way, don't call me Wells, anymore. Call me Thawne" he said before he ran off. "Ahhh!" Barry screamed. Then they saw Eddie come in.

"Eddie?! Where were you?!" Barry asked. "I don't know but, it must've been in Star Labs because it was so dark" he replied. "Guys, the Reverse Flash is Wells. But he's not really Wells because that body we found, is actually Wells and Wells is actually called Eobard Thawne!" Eddie exclaimed. But then he saw everyone staring at him. "You guys already know, don't you?" he asked. "Yeah, we do" answered Caitlin. "So, what's our next move?" Ronnie asked. "We prepare to throw down" Barry replied.

Barry took Eddie to the CCPD where they were greeted with officer with sighs of relief. "Oh Eddie. How are you?" Capt asked. "I'm fine, sir" replied Eddie. "What happened?" Caot asked. "I got taken to somewhere dark but I don't know who took me" he answered. "Well, you do a statement then go home and rest. That's an order" said Capt. Eddie went to do a statement and Barry decided to fight Thawne.

That night, Barry was in his suit and waited outside Star Labs for Thawne to arrive. "Thawne! Where are you?! I'm waiting!" Barry shouted. Then he arrived in his Reverse Flash suit. "So, how's life? Have you found your police partner?" he asked. "Yes I have. But this is the end for you, Thawne" said Barry. "Oh I very much doubt that, Barry. You alone can't beat me" Thawne said. "Oh but I'm not alone. Meet my friends" he said. Barry's friends arrived. Firestorm and the Green Arrow. "You guys ready?" Barry asked. "Yeah" replied Firestorm. "Always" answered Green Arrow. Then the fight began.

Barry and Thawne were running in circles punching each other. Oliver was shooting exploding arrows but couldn't get near Thawne. But he had his chance. Barry threw Thawne to the ground. Oliver shot an arrow that blinding the Reverse Flash's vision. Then Firestorm threw fireballs at Thawne. Thawne got blasted away. But, the Reverse Flash was far from finished. He punched Green Arrow into a large metal container and Firestorm into the Star Labs structure. Now, it was just The Flash vs Reverse Flash.

Thawne ran circles around Barry and was it was like multiple Thawne's were punching Barry. Barry was thrown to the ground. "Give up, Barry. You can't defeat me and you know it" he said, taunting Barry. "Oh yeah. Well, how's this?" he asked. Barry was using something called the Super Sonic Punch! Thawne thought he was kidding. "Well, this is cute. Using someone I taught you against me" he said. Barry was running faster than he has before, channeling all his strength. "Ahhhhh!!!" Barry screamed. He punched Thawne so hard that he spat out a tooth. "Well, that was unexpected" Thawne said. Before Barry could anything else, Thawne sped away.

Barry and Firestorm went back inside Star Labs and Oliver went back to Starling. "Well, I'd say that was a victory!" Caitlin squealed. "I wouldn't say so. It'll be a victory when he's dead" said Barry. "Okay, relax Barry. We won this time. And next time, he's going down!" exclaimed Ronnie. Then suddenly, Thawne came in and grabbed Caitlin. "Follow me if you want her to live" Thawne said. Then he sped away. "Cait!" Ronnie shouted. Thawne ran into the hallway and they both disappeared. "Where'd they do?" Stein asked. Everyone was looking for a way to follow then Eddie suggested "I think I know a way". Barry followed Eddie to where Thawne had him tied up. There, they saw Caitlin. "Caitlin! You okay?" Eddie asked. "I'm fine. He went that way" she said. Barry went the direction she said and Eddie untied her.

Barry found Thawne in an unknown location in Star Labs. "Now... it's just you and me. No one else. No distractions. Now, let's fight" Thawne said. Barry and Thawne were fighting. Caitlin ran back to the others. But Eddie, he knew of the only way defeat Thawne. He ran towards the fight. "Cait, thank God you're okay!" Ronnie exclaimed. "Where's Eddie?" Stein asked. "He was... he was right behind me. I don't know" she said. Everyone was watching the fight. And Barry was losing. "I hope you get to see your mother, Barry" Thawne said. He was vibrating his hand and holding Barry by his throat. His hand was slowly approaching his chest when suddenly... they heard a gunshot.

They all turned to the source and saw that Eddie... shot himself in the heart. "Eddie!" Barry shouted. Then Thawne started to feel weak. His face was returning to normal. It went from Wells' face to his real face. "What's happening?" Caitlin asked. "Eddie is Thawne's ancestor. If he dies, then Thawne wouldn't have existed" answered Stein. Then a giant hole ripped open the roof of Star Labs and the Reverse Flash was erased from existence. Barry ran over to Eddie to try and save him. "Come on, Eddie. Hang on!" he exclaimed. "I'm not going to make it. Just save yourself" Eddie said. Those were Eddie's last words as he passed away.

Barry ran to safety. "What's happening?" he asked. Everyone went outside to see what was happening. There they saw... a giant hole in the sky sucking everything in. "We've got to stop it" said Barry. Barry was running around the world to gather speed to try and stop the wormhole. And as he was jumped off the ground and was flying towards the wormhole, a flying object grabbed him and moved him out the way. Barry's vision was blurry but he said "You again?". Then he passed out. The flying person flew towards the wormhole and flied around it fast, really fast. And then there was an explosion. "Barry!" Caitlin yelled. Then they all saw Barry unconscious on the ground. They all ran towards him.

2 months later...

There were flowers on tables. Rows of chairs and a white carpet going down the middle. There were people sitting in those chairs. And one of them was a familiar face: Oliver Queen. There was Barry and Stein on the right side and Felicity on the left side. And Ronnie was on the right wearing a handsome suit. Also Caitlin was wearing a beautiful white dress. That's right people! Ronnie and Caitlin were getting married! Then the priest said "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride". Ronnie kissed Caitlin, both with smiles of the faces. Everyone stood up and started clapping.

Barry was holding a glass of champagne, on his own, until Oliver was approaching him. "Hey, how are holding up?" he asked. "I'm fine. It's just... Eddie didn't deserve to die. He was a good man. It's my fault" Barry answered. "Listen, when I lost Tommy, I always felt that it was my fault. But, you know how I got over it?" Oliver asked. "How?" Barry asked. "My friends. Diggle, Thea, Roy and Felicity. They were for me and I'll tell you one thing: the pain doesn't go away" Oliver answered. He left Barry and he left him wondering.

To be continued...