Chapter 32: New Looks

Previously...

What does this new Flash Ring contain? And will Barry be able to use it properly?

It was finally the day for Kara's Pulitzer Prize. Kara was nervous. This is what she decided to wear.

 This is what she decided to wear

Then Alex came in. "So, you ready?" she asked. "Yep. I'll go get Barry" Kara said. "No, no. I'll get him. You just get there and be ready" Alex said. "Ooh, okay" Kara said. She was very nervous. Back on Earth 1, Barry was getting ready. He was a wearing a handsome to impress Kara. He was wearing this:

 He was wearing this:

He was nervous. He was taking deep breaths in and out. Then Alex arrived. "Hey, Barry. You ready?" she asked. "Yeah. Where's Kara?" Barry asked. "I told her that I would come get you. Besides, you should surprise her" Alex replied. "Trust me. I do have some surprises in store for her. Hopefully it goes well" Barry replied. "What is it? Tell me!" Alex exclaimed. "What? I'm not telling you. You're terrible at keeping secrets" he said. "No, I'm not" Alex denied. "Hey, what's with the ring?" Alex asked. "Oh, it's um, I don't know. It was left in my apartment. During our previous adventure, my suit burnt" Barry replied. "Come on, we better get going. Don't want to be late" Alex said. Barry and Alex went to Earth 38 to Kara's award party.

Everyone was at the party. Kara, J'onn, Brainy, Lena, James and Nia. Barry and Alex had arrived. "Man, there's a lot of people" Barry said. "I know. It's the Pulitzer Prize. It's a big deal" Alex commented. "I'll find Kara" he said. Barry left to find her. Kara was talking to Lena. "Look, I'm sorry for not telling you that I was Supergirl. I was just trying to protect you" Kara said, whilst crying. "Protect me? I don't need protecting. I can take care of myself. Afterall, I am a Luthor" Lena said. Kara was tearing up after Lena found out she's Supergirl. "Believe me or not but, I always wanted to tell you buy I was afraid that I would be responsible if you got hurt" Kara explained. Then she saw Barry. "We'll talk about it later" she said.

"Hey Barry, glad you could make it" she said, while wiping her eyes. "Hey. What's wrong?" Barry asked. "Nothing. Lena found out I was Supergirl and, I don't know what to do" she said. Barry wiped away her tears and placed his hands on her cheeks and told her "Listen, you'll figure it out later but tonight, this is your night and don't worry, she'll forgive you. Besides, no one can stay mad at someone as cute as you" he said. Kara gave him a smile. "I'm happy you're here with me" she said. "I wouldn't miss this. And also, I may have some surprises in store" Barry said. "What surprises?" she asked. "You'll find out later" he said. He kissed her. "Come on. It's time" he said.