Chapter 34: Argo.

Previously...

What did Diggle find? What powers does this green object contain? Will Barry ask Kara a very important question? And what will her answer be?

It was Christmas on all Earths. And it was the mood for celebrations.

Barry arrived in National City, nervous, and was ready to ask Kara a very important which could affect their relationship. Barry was looking for Kara, which wouldn't be too hard. All he had to do was follow the sound of sirens. Supergirl was arresting an alien. Then the Flash arrived. When she laid eyes on him, she smiled. "Hey Flash, what are you doing here?" she asked. "I uh, wanted to ask you something. Can we have talk later?" he asked. "Sure. But right now, there's a meteor heading this way and J'onn wants me to help people from a nearby planet evacuate" she replied. "Okay. Can I come with you?" he asked. "Sure I'd love that" she said. Barry and Kara headed to J'onn's garage to get his flying car. "Cool! I wish I had one" Barry said. "Hey Barry, are you going to ask her?" J'onn asked. "I am. Tonight" Barry replied. "Good luck, guys. Alex and I will be listening on comms" J'onn replied. The car turned into it's flying mode and took off.

"What did you want to ask me?" Kara asked. "Oh um, it can wait til later. Now's not the right time" Barry replied. "Okay. Now we're here" she said. They landed, she gave Barry some appropriate clothing to blend in and saw some hedgestones with some writing on them. "What's wrong?" Barry asked. "This writing, the language, I... recognise it" Kara replied. "Which is?" he asked. Before she could answer, they were surrounded. "You guys have no idea who're dealing with" Kara said. Until someone arrived and ordered the men to cease. "Stand down! Oh rao! Is that you?" the woman asked. Kara saw her and said "Mom?". Kara rushed over to her hugged her. "How are you alive? I thought you died" Kara said. "I survived. Your father didn't. Some of the people survived as well and we've been living on Argo ever since" Alura explained.

"Who is this?" Alura asked. "He's Barry Allen. He's my boyfriend" Kara replied. "You seem to be very fond of him" Alura said. "I am" Kara said. "I'm very fond of your daughter" Barry said. "How did you find me?" Alura asked. "I didn't mean to find you but, this planet is in the way of a meteor hiding towards Earth" Kara answered. "But, we haven't seen a meteor" Alura said. "Well anyway if you don't mind, we'd like to help get you all to safety" Barry said. "Of course. Come this way" Alura said. Alura was leading Barry and Kara through the village.

"So, you must be glad you're mom's alive" Barry said. "I am. All this time, I thought she was dead. But I can't believe she's here" Kara said. "It must be nice to know part of your family's here. The speed force took the form of my mom, but it doesn't feel the same" Barry said. "I'm sorry, Barry. But I'm desperate to know what you want to ask" she said. "Maybe later. Right now we need to deal with this" he said.

"Wow! This is nice" Barry said. Alura showed them the council building. "So, how long have been with my daughter?" Alura asked, like any other mother would. "Oh um, it's only been a few months but, it's Christmas on Earth and I really want to give her a special present" Barry replied, quietly. "How long do we have before the meteor gets here?" Barry asked. "I'm not sure. It's a few hours away from Earth, so I'm guessing it's the same for Argo" Kara replied. "Go children, go have fun" Alura said.

Barry and Kara went to look around the village. They were looking at different clothing. Kara tried one on.

Barry was staring at her

Barry was staring at her. "What? Don't you like it?" Kara asked. "What? Yes, I do. You look amazing in it" Barry replied. She chuckled. "Thanks. By the way, what did you and my mom talk about?" Kara curiously asked. "You know, a mother questioning her daughters boyfriend. What mother wouldn't?" he asked. "True. I'm excited to see what gift you've gotten me" she said. "Well, you have to wait" he said.

It has been a few hours later, and Barry and Kara were having fun, and looking through Argo. "Well, that was fun. Hey um, do you think now you've found your mom, you're going to stay here?" Barry asked. "Um, I'm not sure, maybe" Kara replied. Barry showed no emotion, but deep down he was disappointed and heartbroken. He got up and was walking away. Then, they saw the meteor was coming.

"The meteors coming. There's not enough time to evacuate everyone. We have to destroy it now" Kara said. "Right" Barry said. Barry kept throwing lightning bolts at the meteor but they weren't doing anything. "Barry, you need to throw me" Kara said. "What?" Barry questioned. "If you throw forward at your fastest, I might be able to destroy it. Sound familiar?" she asked. "I know but, you could die" Barry said. "I won't. Promise" she said. Barry held Kara and ran around in circles. After gaining speed, he threw towards the meteor. Kara, using her speed, flew at the meteor and punched it. The meteor was destroyed. Everyone was applauding. "Thank you, sweetie" Alura said. Everyone gathered around Kara, and she was happy. Barry now knew, Kara was gonna stay. He headed back to the car while no one noticed. Kara saw him and followed.

"Barry? Where are you going?" she asked. "You don't need to tell me. You want to stay. I get it. I would if my mom was here. I just, I love you. I always will" Barry said. "Barry, wait! I don't want to stay. I want to be with you. Forever" she said, then she kissed him. Barry decided it was finally time.

"Kara, when I first met you, it was love at first sight. When I got to know you, electricity ran through my body. Which is a little ironic considering my situation" he said. Kara chuckled. "We have faced enemies together, been through so much as partners and as a couple. And I want nothing more to be with you forever" Barry said. "What does that mean?" Kara asked. He got down on one knee and revealed a ring. "Oh my rao" she said. "Kara Zor-El, will you marry me?" Barry asked. "Yes. Yes I will, Barry Allen" she said. Barry put the ring on her finger. "Mom, I'm heading back to  Earth. That's my home now. If you need anything, you can call" Kara said. "I know. Thank you" Alura said.

Barry and Kara got in J'onn's car and headed back to Earth. They landed and headed to the DEO. "So, the meteors destroyed. And we have some exciting news" Kara said. "What?" Alex asked. Kara showed them her finger. "We're engaged!" she exclaimed, excitedly. Everyone was congratulating them. They told everyone on Earth 1. They were also excited.

Barry and Kara are finally engaged!

To be continued...