Chapter 28: Lex Luthor.

Previously...

Kara returned to her Earth, only to find it not quite as normal as she left it. Lex Luthor is now in power. Will Kara defeat Lex Luthor? And will she save her city?

"Oh my rao! What's going on?" Kara asked herself. National City was completely different when she left. Lex Luthor Rose to power and is now president since the previous president was voted out because she was an alien. She saw newspapers saying that Supergirl was missing! She headed to her apartment to see if Alex was there. "Alex! Alex, are you here?" she asked. There was nobody there. She headed to the DEO. "J'onn? Brainy? Is anyone here?" Kara asked. Then some people with guns appeared. "Do you really think bullets can hurt me?" she questioned. She punched her way through and defeated them. Then she saw someone familiar. "J'onn? Is that you?" Kara asked.

"Kara? You're okay?" J'onn asked. Kara hugged J'onn. "What happened here?" she asked. "When you left, everyone found out she was an alien and was then voted out. Then, Lex Luthor was elected president and things turned out differently. National City became a battleground. Side with Luthor or be killed. We've been thinking of a plan to defeat him but, he's been working on a secret project that no one knows about" J'onn replied.

J'onn took Kara to where everyone was has been hiding. There was Brainy, James, Winn and Alex. "Alex?" she asked. Kara and Alex hugged. "Where's Kal-El?" Kara asked. "Luthor blocked any signals leaving National City so we couldn't call him" Brainy replied. "How's Eliza?" Kara asked. "She's fine" Alex replied. "Okay, let's see what's happening out there" Kara said. She flew outside for a bit to see what's going on. Then drones filled with a familiar substance surrounded Supergirl. "Drones?" she asked. "Hello Supergirl. If you think you can defeat me, you're sadly mistaken. And by the way, you can't defeat what I have in store for you" Lex said. Drones prepared to fire rockets and they pulled out kryptonite. "Oh boy. Kryptonite" she said. Supergirl managed to dodge the kryptonite and destroyed the drones.

Then, some bigger drones appeared. "Oh come on" she complained. Supergirl flew back to the DEO. "Okay, so Lex knows that Supergirl is back and he thinks I can't defeat him. We'll see about that" she said. "What are we going to do first?" Brainy asked. "First, we have to destroy the device Lex is using to block signals leaving National" J'onn replied. "Okay. Where is it?" Kara asked. "We're not sure. But we may have an idea: L Corp" Alex said. "Oh boy" Kara said.

Meanwhile at L Corp, Lillian Luthor was keeping her daughter Lena safe in the basement, and she wasn't having it. "Mom! Let me out! You and Lex are crazy!" she shouted. Lillian was sitting in Lena's office, while Lex was sitting in the president's seat. Lillian had a visitor. "Supergirl? My my. Look who's too late to save the day" she said. She pressed a button, which sent some men with guns to take the threat out. "Lillian! Your and Lex's reign ends here!" Supergirl shouted. Brainy, Guardian and some DEO agents were attacking Lillian's men, while Supergirl, J'onn and Alex headed inside. J'onn turned into his Martian form. "Let's dance" he said. J'onn and Alex began fighting Lillian's men, and Supergirl crept away to find Lillian. Then she found her.

"Supergirl. How nice to you see you again. Too bad you'll never win" Lillian said. "Oh trust me. I will defeat you" Kara said. Supergirl tried to use her heat vision, but Lillian activated a barrier, then used a red sun lamp. "What is that?" Supergirl asked. "It's red sun light. We all know you have no powers when there's a red sun. Now it's a fair fight" Lillian replied. "I highly doubt that" Kara said. Lillian and Supergirl were fighting, but as normal human beings. While they were fighting, J'onn and Alex found the device which was blocking signals. "What do we do?" Alex asked. "Alex, get yourself out of here. I'll handle this" J'onn replied. "I'm not leaving you" Alex argued. "Alex, go!" J'onn yelled.

Alex left and J'onn was there going to destroy the device. It was highly protected. J'onn used his powers to shift himself to be right next to the device. He used his strength and destroyed it. "Supergirl! It's done" J'onn said. Supergirl was just about wrapped up fighting Lillian. "You may have defeated me, but you'll never defeat Lex" Lillian said. "Come on, let's go" Supergirl. Lillian was into the DEO cells, and they called for backup: Superman.

"Hello again, Supergirl!" he said. Clark hugged Kara. "What do you need help with?" Superman asked. "Lex" J'onn replied. "Where is he?" he asked. "He's president, and we need your help" Alex said. They got a call. It was Lex. "Supergirl. How nice to see you. And Superman. The one I want to kill. Meet me at this location in one hour. This may be your only chance to save your city" he said. Then he hung up. "It's obviously a trap" Alex said. "Doesn't matter. If it is, we need to beat him. Come on" Supergirl said. Supergirl, Superman and Manhunter headed to Lex's location. "Well well well. Prepare to meet your doom. Meet my newest invention: The Kryptonite Suit" Lex said. It was a highly powered suit designed to beat Superman and Supergirl. "But, did you think I would come here alone" he said. There, who came from behind, was an enhanced Hank Henshaw and Cyborg Superman.

"Come on. We've faced tougher" Supergirl said. "She's right. Fight!" J'onn shouted. Martian was fighting Hank, Superman was facing Cyborg Superman and Supergirl was fighting Lex. He was landing punches again and again. Supergirl didn't stand a chance. Lex powered up his suit and released a powerful blast, laced with kryptonite. He missed, and his suit needed to recharge. Supergirl took this opportunity to fight back. She clapped her hands to create a powerful wind strike. Then threw him up into the air. The punches from Supergirl were so hard, Lex's suit was losing power, and was failing. "Ahhh!" Lex shouted. Lex was falling and Supergirl caught him. "What are you doing?" Lex asked. "Saving you" she replied. "I've rather die than be saved by you" he said. Lex then bit Kara's hand which released him, and there was an explosion. Supergirl landed, and saw that Superman and Manhunter were also victorious. Everyone around was clapping. National City was saved.

Meanwhile, Lex survived the explosion and was somewhere only the Luthor's would know. But, someone approached him. "Lena? What do I owe my dear sis this visit?" Lex asked. Lena pulled a gun. "You're a monster. You destroyed this city!" Lena shouted. She shot him. Lex was grasping for air. In his final words, he said "Don't think I'm the only one keeping secrets. Your friends are keeping them from you". Lex then released a final breath, then died. Lena was struggling to hold back tears. She left.

It has been months since National was saved. Supergirl was doing her best to help rebuild the city.

Meanwhile, at the location of Lex's body, someone appeared. It was someone who wasn't human. He put his hand out, and something was happening.

Who is this being? And will he have another agenda?

To be continued...