Chapter 38: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 1.

Previously...

The time has come.

The Monitor had recruited two people to be chosen as the Harbingers. Lila and Wells. "What's happening?" she asked. The Monitor appeared before them. "You have been chosen to be the Harbingers" he replied. Then a light flashed before them.

Back in Central City, Barry was looking over his city. "Barry, you ready?" Caitlin asked. "I am" he replied. Barry ran throught the city, then he got the feeling it was time. He stopped and Lila appeared. "Lila? What are you wearing?" Barry asked. "It's not Lila. I'm a Harbinger now" she replied. "Okay. Is it time?" Barry asked. "It is. Come on" she replied. Barry took a deep breath and followed Lila through a portal. They arrived on a roof. There was also Oliver, Sara, The Atom, Batwoman, Green Lantern, Superman and Supergirl. "Kara" he said. "Hey Barry" she said while hugging him. "The Monitor is here. Prepare yourselves" Monitor said.

The Monitor and Lila vanished and Time Wraiths appeared. There were so many of them. Green Arrow, Flash, Batwoman, Green Lantern, Sara, Ray and Supergirl were battling them. But it was too much. Every time they would destroy one, more would take it's place. But they weren't giving up. Oliver was firing arrows, Supergirl was using her heat vision so was Superman, Diggle using his powers, Flash creating tornadoes and Sara and Barwoman were hitting them. But The Monitor intervened. One by one, the Monitor teleported the heroes away. First it was Batwoman. Superman. Supergirl. Diggle. Sara. And before Barry went he shouted "Oliver!". Oliver was left on his own. He was panicking. Knowing his time was nearly here. He kept shooting arrows. He was frightened. A Time Wraith knocked him down. He got up and saw the sky was red. Then something was destroying everything in it's path. "Is it time?" Oliver asked. "I'm not sure. This isn't what I saw" he replied. Oliver saw that it was coming. He dropped his bow and yelled. "Ahhhhh!".

Earth 1 was saved, but at a price: Oliver's life.

Oliver was transported back to the bunker where Sara, Kara, Diggle, Barry, Wells and Mia were waiting. Oliver was in terrible condition. He was barely breathing. "Dad, are you okay?" Mia asked. He was struggling to breath. "I'm okay. All that matters is you're save" Oliver replied. Mia was holding his hand. He was lying down. "Before I go, just remember that I'm proud of all of you. Always be heroes. I'll be looking down on you with great pride" Oliver said. Oliver took his last breath as he died. "Dad" Mia said. Everyone had tears falling down their faces. Sara, Barry, Diggle, Kara and Mia were upset. They had lost a mighty hero and a great friend.

"Something is wrong. This isn't what I saw. This wasn't how he was supposed to die" Monitor said. Wells was the other Harbinger and he spoke. He said "Something isn't right. If this wasn't how Oliver was went to die, then who knows what else could go wrong".

Everyone was mourning over the loss of Oliver. They all moved onto the Waverider. The Monitor wanted to speak. "We have lost an ally. After what happened, I'm not sure we have enough allies. We may need some more. But, I sense a great and powerful enemy is coming. I do know if we are prepared". John Constantine came forward with an idea. "I may have an idea. I know... a connection. He owns me a favour. He may hold the ticket to brining our dear friend back". "Really? You think we could do that?" Mia asked. "Hopefully" John replied. Constantine left with Diggle and Mia in tow.

They headed to Earth 666. They went to a nightclub. Constantine took Mia and Diggle to meet a familiar devil. He knocked on the back door. It opened and there was a man with two women. "Well well, John Constantine. I haven't seen you in a long time. What do I owe the pleasure?" he asked. "Luci, it's been too long. So, I need to ask for a favour. Our friend had passed away and we want to try and bring him back. Do you have an idea on how to get there?" Constantine asked. "Well, hello you other humans. My name is Lucifer Morningstar. And yes indeed like the devil. Oh, what a nice girl. So tell me, what is it do you desire?" Lucifer asked. "I want... I want my dad back" Mia replied. Mia replied like she was in a trance. "Oh daddy issues. Same" Lucifer said. "Quit it, Luci. Just tell us" Constantine said. "Okay, keep your demons in hell. Here you are. Using this, you can get to wherever he ended up. But you only have limited time. Once your time is up, you'll be transported back to reality. Now, goodbye" Lucifer said.

John, Diggle and Mia headed to somewhere where they can teleport themselves to where Oliver was. Meanwhile back on the Waverider, Barry was sitting in his own when Kara sat beside him. "Hey Barry. Oliver's gone. You're... next" Kara said, struggling to keep it together. Barry took hold of her hand and said "Kara, I may be next but, that doesn't mean I haven't loved my time here. Meeting you, getting married, and having a baby, I couldn't ask for anything  better". "Me too, Barry. Me too" she said. "Even if I'm gone, I know you'll be a great mom" Barry said. "I still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl. Do you want to ask Gideon?" Kara asked. "Come on" Barry replied.

As Barry and Kara headed to the med bay, Sara and Kate were holding a glass of whiskey. "To a friend. And a great hero" Sara said. "I may not have known Oliver, but I can tell he was a great friend" Kate said.

Meanwhile, Lila was wondering around the ship, until she saw someone. "Who are you?" she asked. "I am the Anti Monitor. And we have some work to do" he replied.

Meanwhile on an Earth, a man with lightning powers was fighting to sa e his world. The same thing that was on Earth 1 was happening on his Earth. It was heading towards him. And the Monitor felt it was time for Barry.

Will this new hero have a significance? Will Kara cope when Barry's time is up?

To be continued...