Chatper 12: J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter.

Previously...

Hank's eyes turned red as he turned into his ture form. "I... am... Martian Manhunter" he said.

Alex stood there in complete shock. Her mouth dropped to the floor by what she had just witnessed. "Wait what!!" Alex screamed. "Okay, calm down. Just relax" J'onn said. Alex took deep breaths in and out. "Okay, can you please change back?" Alex asked. J'onn turned back in Hank. "Please, call me J'onn" he said. "Okay, but what about Kara?" she asked. "I'll tell her later" he answered. "How did you know my dad?" Alex asked. "Once Kara knows, I'll answer your questions, for now, you know nothing" J'onn said. Alex was still shocked about what happened. "Wow. Just wow" she whispered.

Once Alex left, memories, painful memories entered J'onn's mind. He was home on his planet Mars. He was with his wife and two daughters. When there were explosions, other Martians running for safety. They were running from the White Martians. The White Martians were the darker versions of the Green Martians. The Green Martians were being put in slave camps. J'onn was the only survivor. He lost his wife and daughters. He was trying to hold back the tears, but it was inevitable.

The next morning, J'onn decided to show and tell Kara what he told Alex. Once he did, she had many questions. "How did you know Jeremiah?" Kara asked. "When you two were little, I had just escaped from Mars, and I crashed landed. The real Hank Henshaw died, and I took his form. I made a promise to him that I would look after you two" answered J'onn. "Why did you leave your planet?" Alex asked. "It doesn't matter" replied J'onn. "Thanks J'onn but I don't need another babysitter" said Kara. "Another?" Alex questioned. "It turns out that James came here because Kal-El asked him to. It's just frustrating that people think I can't take care of myself" Kara replied.

National City was getting a very special visitor" The President. And an old enemy from J'onn's past that will also pay a visit.

"Alex, Supergirl. As you know the president is coming to National City, and I've personally requested that we be there" J'onn said. "Oh yay! The president is coming!" Kara squealed. The president arrived in National City and Supergirl was right by her side. J'onn, Alex and other DEO agents were guarding the area. There were mostly supporters, but there were some haters. As she was halfway through her speech, there was an explosion. And a tall, white alien appeared from the smoke. It was a White Martian!

Alex was evacuating the area, while J'onn pulled his gun out. He pointed his gun at it and then saw it was a White Martian. J'onn froze with fear, with shock, as painful memories resurfaced into his head. The White Martian was heading towards him, then Supergirl pulled him out the way. Supergirl was fighting the Martian, but before she do any more, it fled.

The president was taken to the DEO for protection, while J'onn was still trying to recover from the attack. He was spaced out, not knowing that Kara was trying to get his attention. "J'onn. J'onn! You okay?". "Yeah, I'm... I'm fine", he answered. But Kara clearly knew that he wasn't. "J'onn, you're not okay, now can you please tell me what happened?" Kara asked. "Okay, that White Martian is the reason why I had to flee my planet. The White Martians lived underground of the Green, and they placed in slave camps. I lost my wife and two daughters, I am the only survivor" J'onn answered. Kara hugged J'onn when he started to cry.

"When can I leave?" the president asked. "Not yet. At least stay here until the alien is caught" answered Alex. The president was getting inpatient. She wanted to leave. "J'onn, what's next?" Alex asked. "I don't know. White Martians are cautious, and when they don't want to be found, they won't" answered J'onn. But then, Alex saw the president leaving. "President, we can't let you leave yet" Alex said. "I know, but I think it's time to act" she said. Her eyes then turned red and she turned into the White Martian. "White Martian!" J'onn yelled. The White Martian let out a terrifying roar and started attacking DEO agents. There were agents being flown across the DEO. Supergirl was flying above, aiming her heat vision at the Martian. The Martian smacked her away into the walls. It then crashed through the walls, escaping. "God dammit!" J'onn exclaimed.

"This is just getting worse. The White Martian has seen the DEO, and the president is missing" J'onn said. "Are we sure the presidents even alive?" Alex asked. "I'm sure" answered J'onn. "How?" Kara asked. "Because when White Martians take the form of someone, they need a psychic link to that person, they need to be alive" replied J'onn. "We need to find the president. Fast" Alex said. The president is somewhere in National City, tied up. And the White Martian Once again took her form. The White Martian was receiving a call from someone. "I hope you're doing what you've been told" they said. "We are close. I know" said the martian. "Defeat Supergirl and you'll be rewarded" they said. They then ended the call.

Back at the DEO, they were trying to find the real president. "I want you track the presidents movements from the lest dew days. I want to see if the president does anything suspicious. That'll tell us when she was taken" suggested J'onn. The agent was looking through the president's footsteps from the last few days. "Director, I found something!" the agent shouted. J'onn, Supergirl and Alex saw that the president went into an abandoned factory. "Let's get there" said J'onn.

J'onn, Alex  Supergirl and DEO agents arrived at the abandoned factory. "Alex, take some agents and go that way. Some come with me and Supergirl go that way" ordered J'onn. They all split up. Then something weird happened. "Alex, I found the president" Supergirl said. "No, I just found her" Alex said. "Alex! Supergirl! One of them's the White Martian! J'onn exclaimed. The president that was with Supergirl turned into the martian. The martian grabbed Supergirl and threw her away. "Supergirl, keep him occupied, I'm coming" J'onn said. J'onn was on his way to Supergirl's location. The White Martian took Kara to a field with only them two and J'onn.

"White Martian! Do you know who I am?!" J'onn yelled. He turned around and that J'onn was a Green Martian. "A green martian? I thought you all died" he said. "No. And your time ends here!" J'onn screamed as he flew towards him. He punched him hard. J'onn had rage, anger in his heart as he was punching him becuase he was facing a specimen of the kind that wiped out Green Martians. The White Martian was knocked down. "J'onn. J'onn! Stop. It's over" Supergirl said. "What do we do with him?" Supergirl asked. "Arrest him" answered J'onn. But, J'onn put handcuffs powered with kryptonite, designed to keep her away for what he's about to do. "J'onn, what are doing?" Supergirl asked. "I'm doing this. And you can't stop me" replied J'onn. J'onn walked over to the unconscious martian and was ready to kill him. "J'onn! Don't! Don't do this" said Supergirl. "I have to. I lost everything becuase of him!" J'onn exclaimed. "It won't bring your family back. You're a good person. Don't do it" she said. J'onn was torn, but in the end, he did the right thing.

The White Martian was transported back to the DEO. "Hey, kryptonian. You look like her" he said. "Like who?" Kara asked. "Your mother" he replied. "How do you know my mother" she asked.  "She put me in Fort Ra" he answered, then he was taken away.

"You did the right thing, J'onn" Kara said. "Thanks" he said. Then Kara left.

Meanwhile... somewhere in space. "So, he failed, as expected" someone said. "I know. And I think it's time to take matters into our hands" someone. It was the same person who made the phone call to the White Martian. And that someone... was Kara's mother.

Did Kara's mother survive the explosion? Or is this someone who looks like her?

To be continued...