˚✧˳ Chapter 11 - Cuts And Bruises ˳✧˚

✧ EXTRAORDINARY ✧

EXTRAORDINARY

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) Hargreeves

I WOKE UP WITH THE SUN RAYS BEAMING INTO MY EYE. It wasn't a good night's rest at all, but sleep is sleep. After changing into the usual umbrella academy uniform I went downstairs to eat some breakfast since I figured Five wasn't still awake following the events that happened yesterday, he's exhausted.

Down in the kitchen, I found Allison and Luther eyeing mom, studying her move when she was just cooking the entire time. "Uhm... Good morning?" I greeted sitting on one of the chairs. "What are you guys doing?"

"We think mom killed—" Luther was cut off when Allison looked daggers at him, slapping his chest with the back of her hand. "It's nothing (Y/N). Just some adult stuff."

"Allison, I'm literally the same age as you," I stated monotone as she just thought of what she said.

She and Luther exchange glances, probably thinking if they should tell me what was up with them. "We suspected that mom is responsible for dad's death." Luther lets out casually. "How so?"

Allison then explains the weird thing that happened in the tapes she saw and Luther came to the conclusion that mom was at fault for dad's death. "Why would mom do that?" I asked as both shrugged. I thought it was ridiculous that they would accuse our mom without further investigation. Poisoned would have been traced by the police.

"Mom, were you ever... I don't know, angry with dad?" She asked as she clasps her hands together with all our ears perked up. "Your father was a good man, a kind man, he was very good to me," Mom announces with the usual saying she was programmed to deliver. "Yes, but after we all left, it must have been difficult."

"Oh, there were days. You kids kept me oh so busy, and then..." Mom suddenly freezes.

"What?"

"Eggs are ready!"

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So eat up the three of you." She says cheerfully, placing each plate down that comprises two eggs and one bacon put together to form a smiley face.

With that being done, the two grew more suspicious while I just enjoyed my food.

For me, she looks as if she's confused rather than suspicious.

It was wrong to think that our mother, who raised us, who put us to bed and took care of us would do such a cruel deed. "If you do anything to mom, I won't forgive you," I said blankly as I dipped my spoon on the yolk of the egg.

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

As soon as I was done eating and listening to Luther and Allison's testimonies of nonsense, I proceed to go to Five's room to see what he was up to. As I enter his place, I saw him preparing a first aid kit on his bed.