˚✧˳ Chapter 19 - Old Man's Old Job ˳✧˚

✧ THE DAY THAT WASN'T ✧

THE DAY THAT WASN'T

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) Hargreeves

𝗜 𝗗𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗟. The way she talks, dresses, and walks were all too sickeningly gratifying. And I don't know if it's just me, but she's too touchy with Five and I just wanna (👩🏼🤛🏻).

"I must admit, Number Five, in all the time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you." The Handler spoke with full anticipation. The people around us were all dressed in some kind of 50s style kind of clothing wherein I found kinda fetching in some way. The atmosphere was strange, it felt different. I have no idea where we were. We literally came out in some kind of planetarium. "Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but... they can't see the big picture."

The woman continued to blabber on despite having Five and me uninterested with whatever she was informing us about. I can't seem to let my hand go out of Five's reach, and he didn't seem to have the intention to release as well explains how his hand is still firmly compressed against mine.

Suddenly the woman put his arms around Five for a quick moment wherein I shot her a glaring look. 'Whatever you are up to woman. I don't like it.'

I just wanna barge in the conversation and say we'd rather chew off our own foot than listen to her talk.

"If things work out for the both of you here, you kids could potentially make a fine successor."

We entered the antiquated building. Employees that didn't seem to look like killers to me flooded the area with their cute yet formal looking outfits that complimented the entire organization. "I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience. As well as (Y/N)'s employment."

"So I really am going to work here?" I murmured, squeezing Five's hands. He gave me a scowl, making me swallow back my words. I don't know what he was really up, but I do know he wants my mouth shut.

"Such chutzpah. It's refreshing, I'll admit... Slow down, Five. All in good time. In fact, both of you've finally agreed to work with us."

"Eight dear, will be first put into the lecturing room where we introduce ourselves to the new workers. But before that how about a little tour to boost things up, shall we? We've got all the time in the world." She cheers sounding in glee knowing that both of us were hired to her association.

"Five are we seriously going to work here for the rest of the years." I pulled Five back before he could follow the blonde woman's track. "What? Of course not." He retorts.

"Then wh—" I got cut off when the Handler suddenly saw our uncanny interaction. "What are you guys waiting for? Let's go. Chop-chop." she keenly spoke.