Chapter 42

Yang Hyun-suk, Head of K-pop Giant YG Entertainment, Resigns Amid Scandals.

CEO of YG Entertainment, Resigns Due to Increasing Sex and Drug Scandals.

Yang Hyun-suk, Stepped Down as CEO in the Aftermath of Drug and Sex Scandals Involving His Artists.

***

Jennie POV

"I'm really curious about this new CEO. Like, her name is not familiar to me." Chae said while chewing her food.

We were here in the dance studio room, waiting for us to meet the new head of YG.

Lisa and Jisoo were standing in the middle of the room, looking themselves in the mirror. Chae and I were sitting in the corner while eating some snacks.

"I'm so nervous.." Lisa ran her hands through her hair. "What if she's more horrible than Mr. Yang?"

"Don't overthink, Lili." I bite another piece of the sandwich. "We still don't know her."

Jisoo hugged Lisa and spoke, "Lisayaah, just relax."

"Mmmm." Chae poked my arm, she was pointing at my phone.

I stood up and grabbed my phone from my bag.

"Mom," I said over the phone.

"Hey, Jen.. I heard the news about Mr. Yang." She sighed.

"Hmmm."

"Are you okay? Is your group okay?" Her voice filled with worry.

"Yeah, Mom. We are still doing all of our schedules. Mr. Yang's resignation didn't affect our career." I assured her.

"How about Kai?"

I still don't have the courage to tell my Mom about Lisa... It's.. It's so hard..

"We're still waiting for the management. We're going to meet the new CEO today."

"Really? Who is it?" My mom asked.

"Ladies, let's go. It's time." I looked to Manager Unnie who's now inside the dance room.

"Mom, I have to go now. I'll call you if I have time. Goodbye." I hung up the call and bowed to Manager Unnie.

"Is that your Mom?" Manager Unnie asked.

I nodded and smiled.

***

As we entered the meeting room, we saw a lady, wearing a short black dress with a gray coat and eyeglasses.

She.. looked.. very.. kind..

I hope so.

She gave us a huge smile, "Hey, Blackpink."

The four of us bowed and greeted her.

"Sit." She told us while still having a pure smile on her face.

Our sitting position is me, Jisoo, Chae, and Lisa.

"I'm Hwang Bo-Kyung, the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of YG Entertainment."

Is it weird? Like, my feelings towards her are just very different from Mr. Yang's.

I didn't feel any anxiousness or fear, right now.

"Jennie, Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa, am I right?" She said with a gentle voice.