Still Before the Storm

Draco

I wish I could say I was surprised but I wasn't, what else would the dark lord want with them, nothing else but to own them, have them do his dirty work, bloody hell he probably tortures them for satisfaction, I knew they couldn't handle the glance of the mark just as I couldn't, I knew them all too well.

For their sake, they had to do whatever he asked of them, because if not so be it the dark lord never had mercy on a single soul. It was just Aurora who's arm remained clean, It had to stay that way, it just had too, I don't think the mark would even appear dark on someone like her.

Someone who always held the word of hope, someone who's looked me dead in the eye and yet saw something thats wasn't pure vile.

I still can't manage to figure out how she did it, she's been facing something she shouldn't have been, something darker than she might have anticipated, yet I knew how bad it could get--how bad it would get.

I wish she would have been more selfish than she was--whether she used me for her own benefit--I truly couldn't care less.

Because she in fact deserved everything I would never give to her, yet she didn't think that was true.

I knew it-- everyone knew it--maybe we would have a few good moments with one another, but I knew that we were temporary--

We had to be.

Even if she ever did carry the mark, was a death eater like the rest of us soon became, not a soul would look away.

No not from her.

Aurora

No, no I couldn't fathom the thought. 

"Whats he done with them, what could he possibly need all these bloody followers for-" I began to say as I broke the silence, the silence that filled the room as every person who stood, had a head filled with unimaginable thoughts, thoughts that were too close to being an experience.

"This is the dark lord we speak of-he never needs a reason..." 

"But I suspect he holds of them as security, insurance that you two will follow through with his needs-"  said Snape.

"But thats the issue, were not-now what, what's to happen of them-" 

"Im afraid not even we can answer that, all we know is he has them kept away, who knows what's his plan-"  Mcgonagall said as her and Snape glanced at one another.

"I know you care for them dearly, but the dark lord knows that too, therefore he will use this to his advantage, don't let him, don't let him lure you two into his trap, regardless of the actions he speaks upon the fellow students-"  started Mcgonagall

"No, thats not right-" 

 "Aurora, its not a negotiation-" 

"So what, it's either we die or them?"

"Does that make any sense-no, no it does not-" 

"Aurora this is war we speak of, this is what he wants, thats why he has them in the first place-" 

"I will not live to see them die-" I rapidly spat out as the room once again went silent, and cold.

"I told you Aurora, the dark lord takes a mere glance at us, and the last words to be heard is avada kedavra-"  said Draco as his look intensified against mine, the words everyone uttered they were all true, but that didn't change the fact that as we spoke, maybe one of them was getting near there end, and that wasn't a thought I could fathom.