Regret

Aurora 

The cellars beneath the Malfoy grounds grew ever too familiar, it soon no longer fazed me. Whether I was beside Pansy or Blaise, there expressions remained the same, dull, cold, emotionless. It had you wondering what happened to those people back at Hogwarts with hope in their head, and ease within their days.

My younger self would have looked at me right in that moment and with no doubt, question and ridicule every mere action I made to get where I was in the present time, my past self would with no question be disappointed. Instead of the thoughts my mind was constantly consumed by the Malfoy name back all those years, I heard that name in that moment in time and had an entirely different perception of it, it soon meant a whole different meaning. The Malfoy's with no doubt always had it their way, but occasionally they didn't, eventually the symbol of that name would catch up and it indeed did.

The fact of the matter was I wasn't who my younger self would deem acceptable, I wasn't in the situation I ever thought I would stand in the middle of, none the less I was. Would I years back find disgust at where I stand, yes, with no doubt, but that was no longer I, now I see a Malfoy and I saw someone who carried the qualities I should have found repulsive, In fact I once did, yet now I couldn't imagine to be without someone who wasn't consumed by those traits that he indeed held, regardless If I was speaking of the bad or good ones. Regardless he displayed them in a way I would never forget, his touch, his words, his mere gaze he always pierced up, it all remained unforgettable.

Someone could figure me a fool for the words I spoke, in correlation to the words he once years ago spoke of me, but it truly didn't matter, for in that moment I sat slumped of the manors dungeons and It soon grew to be less of a repulsive thought. 

The idea of that name has changed ever too much since when I first met one who held it.

"Do you ever stop thinking, merlin you've been staring off into nothing for hours--" said Blaise as he snaps me out of my train of not the most pleasing thoughts.

"Blaise your face clearly reads dread, your one to talk--"

"I'm an exception, don't you think--"  he says motioning to his forearm.

"We both are the ones down here, are we not--" I soon say.

"I suppose your right, yet I remain, but you'll be gone soon enough--" 

"Whats that supposed to mean--" I say back, cutting him off.

"Nothing--" he uttered under his breath, with nothing else following, he said what Pansy thought and with no doubt what Narcissa thought, that since they all carried a tie to the dark mark they were done for, but that didn't sit right--how could one be in that state for eternity, a state where you live just to serve, it was uncalled for, it was with no doubt an eerie concept, but of course not an impossible one.

"Don't talk like that just yet--" I quickly say in hopes he wouldn't give up just quite yet.

Soon the door for the cellar was heard, both our heads pierced up. It was Narcissa, she was back sooner than expected.

"Alright Aurora, let's go, we haven't much time--" she said in a low tone whisper.

"Much time for what--" 

"After I had brought you down here, Bellatrix had made me take Draco to a separate cellar--a more closed off one--" she said as her movements showed nerves.

"I had but no choice to go digging deep for a dungeon--and when I did, I finally found one--"

"It was Adrians--"  she soon spoke, I thought to myself at least he was still breathing.