Lifeless

Aurora 

I had known the dark approach to war, ever since we left Hogwarts, I knew how bad it could get, how bad it was going to get, ever since I knew more of the dark lord and the way he ran things, the way he had immense power over his followers, and how he had no mercy on no one, didn't matter who they happened to be. We all knew this, regardless if we discussed it or not--we all had the image of war replaying in our mind.

I sometimes forgot that It wasn't just me fighting it, it was others as well, others who couldn't handle the heavy weight war brought, yet they had no choice.

It was astonishing to see how many people did what they had to, not because they chose to.

Some would rather die than give themselves up to the very person who was to bring upon war, Adrian was just a mere example.

In that moment the death eaters were to speak, they spoke short words until they were eventually gone, gone with Adrian, to who knew where, yet I had but no choice to stay flat against the cellars wall I remained caged in.

"Draco, that was Adrian wasn't it--"

"Doesn't matter Aurora--" he immediately says cutting me short.

"We can't just let them--" 

"We can't do anything now, when the dark lord takes a decision, he keeps it" he said as his expression fell, Draco knew the dark lord better than I ever would, his face read it all.

"Adrian he's merely a lost cause, defying the dark lord--theres not much to be done for your sake--" he said confidently, with no doubt.

"Pansy and Blaise, they're not cut out for this either--all this fucking death eater talk, there not even the slightest bit up for it" he uttered slightly under his breath.

"They've made it this far haven't they--" I said in there defense.

"Maybe, but its not long before it gets too gruesome, too dark if you will, just because they carry the mark does not mean they can take upon what comes along with it--" 

"The dark lord craves power, doesn't matter if he does it, or one of us do, he gets it either way--"

"Those two, from what I know, it's not long before they crumble underneath it all" he muttered as he kept his gaze on the stone wall in front.

"I was tasked with murder, I failed, imagine them--" he said as I didn't doubt what he was letting on, I barely had time with Pansy and Blaise and couldn't get much out of them, they laid on those cold floors with barely any form of emotion, lifeless was all they showed.

My stomach turned at the remembrance of them, they didn't speak much in those dungeons, yet when they did they spoke of nothing but the other.

"Stop doing that Aurora, thinking so hard on how you could save them, you think of every soul but your own--" he scoffs out, yet that didn't stop me from thinking the thoughts I did.

"Well sometimes you have to at least try--" I went on to say as footsteps were to be heard, he quickly sneaked his hand to cover my mouth as if it were a reflex, as the guards passed by.  Speaking in that place was sometimes a challenge, there were ears everywhere.

"Yes, and sometimes you also have to accept defeat" he whispered close, as his lips slightly grazed itself over my outer ear, whilst he drags his thumb along my lower lip as he pulls his hand back.

"I don't trust your brain, it hasn't brought you any good--"  he lightly mutters, as he's still placed behind me to where I could feel his bodies heat, I could lightly smell his sweat, as it had melted in with his familiar scent. I'm practically silent, as I smell the faint scent of blood that came from his forearm, It always did bleed at unforeseen times, yet he was always too stubborn to let me mend the source.