Promise

Aurora 

We sat against the harsh wood as if we had given up, yet at the same time we weren't really given a choice.

"Snape's letter read fear, if he stands scared so should we-" he said emotionless, as the rustling of trees were to be heard from miles away, yet it was still loud and clear, we had company in the depths of where we sat.

"The fear never left-" was all I said as I listened close, the surroundings grew heavy, as the air grew slightly harder to grasp.

"I reckon they don't make it-one of them at least-"

"No-no they will-"  I say in hopes to convince him and me of some hope, even though the faintest bit of truth lied in his statement.

Adrian, Pansy, Blaise, I had just hoped they held on, for as long as they could.

"I hear them-" he said as the footsteps grew near, a mile away at most.

"Yeah, me too-" was all I managed to let out as our two selves, lied against staggering bark, with heartbeats that grew louder than any nature in the surrounding.

For once I felt what it was like to be in the shoes of someone labeled a Malfoy, scared, in fear of the darkness that was bound to come one way or another. Obviously me and Draco lied in two entirely different positions, but regardless the end feeling would sting just as bad.

"Aurora, your going to have to promise me something-" he said as the tension grew ever so harsh.

"Whenever you get the slightest chance to run, to leave-any way to get out of the dark lords reach you go, regardless if you stand by me or not-"

"Draco-"

"No, listen, me, along with the rest of them, we remain put with with these marks that will never go away-but you don't, thats the difference-"

"If you manage to find absolutely any way out of this-you take it, you take that chance and you don't turn your back for even a second-"

I didn't think we would have a way out-but even if we did, it wouldn't be for me and the rest of them, no, it would only be for me, my arm is the only that remains blank. I never thought of it that way, I didn't want to, but then again not even I could leave, even If I had chosen to.

"Do you understand me-"  he said whilst he looked at me, with eyes that didn't read a question, no he intended a statement.

"Doesn't matter Draco, the dark lord wants to do with me, exactly the same as you, we both failed him-"

"I know that Aurora, but fucking still-" 

Our words grew rushed as the sounds threw the rustling of the leaves edged near.

"Fine, yes I promise-" was all I said, yet I didn't know if I meant it.

The ground from beneath shook, as footsteps grew close, It wasn't just one of them, no, it was no use to even attempt to fight them off. Figures came near, as they shown themself from the shadows of the trees, death eaters swarmed the whole forest in search for us, fortunately for them we grew too tired to fight, to go on.

"Found them"  was all one spoke, as their cloaks hid the appearance of their face, we didn't even resist. We were soon being brought to Malfoy manor, as we stood at the foot of the entrance.

I wasn't prepared to see them, I wasn't at all prepared to see them for what they never aspired to be, yet a mark didn't prove anything-didn't matter if they were workers for the dark lord, they remained still as I knew them.