Cold

Aurora

Draco better not have had a death wish, I lied frantically In the beneath of the manor, I couldn't even stay still, I fidgeted continuously, it had been too long since Snape and Draco had left, I had sat and wondered if they were to come back.

And if Adrian weren't to show up soon, it would have been clear as to what happened, Pansy said she hasn't seen him in far too long.

"Aurora, breathe, before you pass out again--" said Pansy as she laid on the other side, I couldn't believe it, she carried the very mark herself yet she was calmer than I ever could be.

"Your too composed, it's scary--" I managed to let out, whilst I remained uneasy.

"Its not scary, its accepting--" 

"Accepting what--" 

"Aurora, look at me, I'm done for, my fate lies where I sit as of now, and I can't fucking do anything about it--" she says whilst her head falls back in exhaustion, whilst she gazes off to the side.

"Pansy, you can't talk like that--"

"I've already accepted the fact, maybe you should too-"

"Who knows, maybe you can get out of this fucking prison hole  they call a mansion, but me-Blaise--Draco--Adrian- if he's even fucking alive, theres nothing else, this is it-" she says with an expression of defeat, as she looks around-but she won't find anything, because she's truly lost any sense of freedom.

Her expressions made me nauseuous-hers and Draco's were far too similar, it was lifeless.

I repeat it like memories in my head--but it wasn't, it was present time.

Her face remained cold.

"Do you even have a story--a lie--an excuse  to give the dark lord when he asks why you failed the bloody task he gave you--" she looks at me in question.

"What could I possibly say--Pansy we were tasked with murder, we couldn't do it so we ran and we hid--"

"He, was tasked with murder-" she emphasized.

"No-the dark lord gave it to both of us--I was to help him-"

"Yeah, but you weren't meant to--you were the one who came to the manor in the first place--you were the one who fucking knew he was a death eater--yet you still went against any useful thought that I know for a fact crossed your head--"

"Yeah, well thats the past--"

"But you would still do it again--" she said as my head shot up in confusion, she was saying all these words, as if I hadn't already knew.

"We both know, you would go through this shit all over again--"  she said initially ending the conversation, there's was not much else to say, she was right, it was his task--but the thing was the dark lord gives tasks, that not even the worst death eater could take on, not even the cruelest would want to be of service for someone as bitter as the dark lord himself.

No one could do it alone, maybe I was going against every logical thought, but what else was I meant to do.

"All Im saying Aurora, is that your the one who isn't tied to this place--you get out of here--you run-leave--change your whole fucking identity- doesn't matter you have the chance" 

"You really think I would just leave you all here-Pansy that mark means nothing-" 

"It means everything--" she rapidly spat out, as silence fell across for a mere moment.