2. The beginning

The large doors leading to the throne room were tightly shut so not even the guards standing by could hear anything of what was going on inside.

A man who looked to be nearly fifty sat on the throne, he had a cold and oppressive air all around him. His beard like his hair was a dull grey-white colour in it. His gaze was cold and uncaring as he looked down, passed the two princes who stood at the on either side and towards the five figures that were lying unconscious on the floor. The golden crown on his head was a symbol of who he was.

The King of Ledris. Cyan Ledris.

"This is all of them?" His voice had a low timbre and icy tone to it that gave people chills when he spoke.

"Yes your majesty." The one who answered him was a tall man dressed in a white robe, beside him were seven others all in white robes as well. The hoods of their attires were up so one couldn't see their faces very well and as they stood grouped together, they looked like members of some cult.

"I see and their aptitudes?" The king asked, he raised a hand and rested his chin on his palm.

"They're excellent your majesty, they will be very powerful people to add to Ledris's strength!" The same man spoke again with firmness and enthusiasm. He seemed to be the leader.

At that moment one of the shorter white robed men stepped forward. He whispered into the leaders ear and when he was done, the leaders expression cracked.

He gulped and bowed deeply before saying with a slight tremble in his voice, "your majesty... there seems to be one among them..."

"Speak, do not waste my time or I'll have your head," the king said, clearly annoyed.

"Of course your majesty! There is one among them with a negative aptitude. He seemed to have got caught in the array..."

King Cyan frowned. "I made a deal with your master to bring you here so you could summon powerful people for me. Your master said you were the best amongst his students and yet you make such a mistake?!"

"This is actually a common occurrence in our world it won't bring you any trouble... in fact the aptitude of the others is very good you won't be disappointed at all. We will take responsibility for the other one, he won't be a burden to you in any way."

The leader of the white robes said very calmly. He bowed once more to show his sincerity, beneath his white robe was a layer of cold sweat. Inwardly he was desperately wishing he could quickly return to his world, he didn't know why his master had made a deal with such a cold person and even sent his best students here to assist this person but he didn't care. He just wanted to return to his world.

The people who had been summoned from another world were still unconscious on the stone floor.

The white robed people picked up the one with a useless aptitude and took him with them as they left. They had to cross over the capital city and forest towards the tower where the portal they came from was waiting at the top, it would transport them back to their world.

As they left the castle they whispered amongst each other.

"That man is really too cold. Why did master have to help him?" The youngest one said with a frown.

"How could we possibly know the thoughts of our master?" Another one responded.

The youngest one looked at the person they had carried with them. He had a sad look on his face, "what do we do with him? Master won't be happy if we take him back." He felt guilty that this person had ended up in this place.