Chapter 1

I remember laying down on the grass, under the sun. The sun warming my brown skin, creating a glow. I turned around and noticed two boys, they both had black hair, although one looked as if he just woke up. I stood up and ran over, jumping into them. They caught me and then we tumbled down, not because I'm heavy but because they're weak. The three of us all laughed for a bit before resting on ground just to enjoy the silence.

"So what were you guys talking about?" I asked curiously.

"Kuroo wanted to try out volleyball and asked me to play with him." One spoke in a quiet voice.

I looked at my older friend, "volleyball huh?"

He shrugged, "why not? Don't you ever wanna try something different?"

The only response that came to mind was a lazy shrug. Then a sadden smile. "I'm gonna miss you guys."

They both looked at me. "We're gonna miss you too." Kuroo said, while Kenma nodded. We grouped hugged and then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up from my dream and sighed. It wasn't really a dream, but more like a memory of my childhood. I moved to the states with my mom when I was little, leaving behind my two best friends. I'm black, but I was born in Japan because that's where my dad always wanted to go. After he died my momma wanted to move back to the states to get over his death. It worked a lot. I was 12 when I left. And I still miss them a lot.

I got up and went into my bathroom. I took my bonnet off and ran my fingers through my braids. Then I brushed my teeth and look for something to wear. I decided to put on a yellow crop top, blue ripped jeans, and some fur slides.

(Or something else)

I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. I look at the touch screen fridge and saw a message on it.

Hey baby. I got some news from your manager that I think you gone like. Pack up all you stuff and wait for me to get off work at 9. Love you

I looked at it again with a confused face. I'm 17 now and I'm a model. I started off as a Instagram model at 15 and then got recognized when I hit 20.8 million. Now I promote businesses, brands, and been on a few magazines. When I turned 16 I went on tour across the states, to all the popular cities just to take a few pictures and model in some shows. My manager said that some business company paid for it. My momma work as a nurse at a nearby hospital, so I been living a steady life.

I opened the fridge and saw that we didn't have nothing good to eat. "Bruh this mf don't never got food." I mumbled to myself. I hit up my best friend, Amaya, and asked if she wanted to go to iHop with me. I met her at my first modeling meeting. Since we work under the same agency. I even took her on tour with me.

Me:
HEYY BESTIE

BESTIE❤️✨:
HEYYY GURLLL

Me:
Wyd sis

BESTIE❤️✨:
I tryna find sun to do

Me:
Wanna go to iHop

BESTIE❤️✨:
Bet
Meet you there sis

Me:
Kk

I went outside and got into my car. I drove to iHop which was about 10 min away. I walked inside after I parked. Some people recognized me and started to point. I waved and walked up to the counter.