Chapter 5.

I woke up refreshed. Feeling more at home now, than what I did yesterday. After putting on some pants, I went to the kitchen and found Emmett packing a lunch in the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"It's a little past nine," He spoke, his mouth crunching into an apple.

"Where is everyone?" I spoke, putting on the kettle.

"I think Zac's at work and Burney's at university," he spoke, placing his lunch into his bag.

"I've got to go, Ali. I would offer you breakfast, but I've got to go to uni," Emmett continued, strapping his backpack around his shoulders and picking up another bag at the door.

"Are you still okay to drop me off at work later?" I asked quickly.

"Of course! I'll see you before five."

I shouted a quick goodbye as he was leaving and listened as his truck roared to life and drove away.

I made my coffee and brought it to my bed to drink while I watched a movie on Netflix. I planned my outfit for work tonight and let my hair out of its bun to airdry before straightening it.

By midday I had glossy pin straight hair that fell almost to my hip and by the afternoon I was starting on my makeup. I decided to do a dark eye with a bright lip, trying to make a good impression for my first full shift working at the Bar.

I went to the kitchen to hunt for something to eat and heated up left over pizza from last night. After what happened last night with Zac slamming the door in my face, having dinner was very quiet. We all took a share of pizza on plates to separate parts of the house.

Halfway through eating at the island, Burney came home.

"You look gorgeous," he said, as he went to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Were you at university today?" I asked to make conversation.

"Yes," he said.

"What are you studying?"

"I'm studying to be a nurse. It's hard work, but I love it."

"How often are you at uni?"

"I'm there four full days in the week, but sometimes I like to go there just to study," he said. "You'll soon know why I do after you live here for a while," he laughs a silent joke to himself. Before I could ask what he meant, the door opens and Zac comes in.

"Hey guys," he says, before seeing my plate. "Yum," he says, taking a piece of my pizza.

"Hey!" I yelped, pushing him away with my hand, and we laughed.

I noticed he was wearing a light blue buttoned up shirt with his name written on a nametag.

"How was work?" I asked, watching him finish the rest of the pizza, and I slide my last slice towards him.

"Okay." He took the seconded piece gladly. "The shift went quickly which is great," he laughed, and I smiled with him.

His laugh made me stop where I was to stare at him.

I left the kitchen area to get changed in my room when I saw the clock in the kitchen; Emmett should be home any minute.

I chose a black lacy bra under a t-shirt with whole strategically in the right places, and my tight black jeans that shaped my hips. The dress code was all black, but the last time I was there the dress code seemed lenient. I put on my black heeled boots and put my hair up into a tight ponytail when I heard the front door open.