Chapter 14.

I woke up warm, too warm. The blankets were kicked off of me, and Zac replaced them. He breathed heavily, almost snoring. His head rested against my chest and his clutched each of my sides. One of his legs was draped over me.

Without even thinking my hands reached up and I began running my fingers through his hair. It was soft and curled from last night's shower and ran through my fingers delicately. He stirred in his sleep and nestled his head in my chest. He hummed when I ran my fingers against his head. He moved his head up until he was looking at me.

"Hi," I said when his eyes fluttered open.

He gave me a quick tight smile before he jumped up from the bed and left my room, leaving me in shock. The door shut behind him and I jumped from the sound. He left so quickly that my hands were still raised from where my fingers ran through his hair.

What the hell just happened?

I slowly sat myself up. He left with so much noise that the room suddenly felt so cold and quiet. I felt as if I wanted to cry but nothing would come out.

I got out of bed and put on the first clothes that I could grab, which happened to be a pair of black and white polka dot pants and a black sweater.

I walked out of my room and tried to go to the kitchen where I met Emmettt sitting at the table. I put on the kettle and got my cup ready while also making some toast.

"Alison," he says with a tone that was borderline warning.

"Emmett."

"Was that Zac leaving your room this morning?"

My head snapped towards him. I contemplated denying it, but what would be the point? He saw him leave my room and if I said no, he would obviously know I was lying.

"Do you even have to ask that?" I asked. I could feel my skin getting hot and my heart race. I didn't want him to know about Zac and I potentially being... whatever the hell we are. I knew he wouldn't approve.

"Why was Zac leaving your room this morning?"

"He was so drunk last night; he couldn't make it to his room." I turned away so Emmett couldn't see my face as I continued to make myself some food. It wasn't exactly a lie.

"What are you doing, Ali?" His tone is now disappointed. He saw straight through me.

"What do you mean?" I feigned nonchalance. I tried to stick to my guns, trying to stay as far away from the truth as humanly possible.

"You and Zac, doing what you're doing... having this... thing." He fought to find the right words, shaking his head as he talked. I could see that his face was twisted with disgust and it nearly hurt me as much as Zac did this morning when he got up and left me without a single word.

"I'm not saying that we're doing anything, but what if we were? Would it be so bad?"

"You two live together, Ali." He began shaking his head. "If you two were to have a fight or I don't know, break up or something, imagine what would happen."

I looked at him, my eyebrows turned inwards. I didn't like it when Emmett was angry with me. He had this authority figure kind of way behind him. So, when he was disappointed in you, you could really feel it.

"Don't." I said. I made my coffee and put some cheese on my toast.

"We're nothing." I said over my cup of coffee. I knew my face was giving away that I was pissed off.

"Good." He got up from his chair. "Keep it that way, please." He put his plate and cup in the sink next to me and looked down at me. "I have to go, but please just don't."