Chapter 37.

We got underneath the covers, neither of us bothering to get dressed. I felt so comfortable around him. A type of comfortable that I have never felt before, including with Emmett.

We stayed up for a little longer, talking. I wanted to know everything about him. I mainly asked the question, but he would often resort back with his own.

"What were you like as a kid?" I asked.

"Honestly, I don't remember much," he replies.

He rested against the back of my bed while I lay down next to him now.

"You don't remember anything?" I ask looking up at him.

He shakes his head. "No, not much."

"Do you remember when your sister was born?" I asked.

"I was four when she was born, I don't have many memories, but I do remember being super protective of her."

I smile to myself and try and hide it, but that was a very sweet confession.

"What about your brother?"

"Ian can be a bit of an asshole sometimes, but other than that, we get along okay..."

"I would love to meet them."

"You would?" he's asks, looking down at me.

"I have these mental images of what I think they'll look like."

"What do they look like in your head?" he asks. He takes my hand in his hand and traces over my fingers.

"I don't really know but I think your brother will look just like you, but maybe taller and your sister will have short brown hair."

He chucks softly. "My older brother does look like me, but so does my sister."

"So, your sisters basically you with a wig?" I tease and enjoy the sound of his laughter.

"Basically," he confirms.

"Damn, should have gotten with your sister," I tease again, and he nudges me with his elbow making me laugh. "What about in high school?"

"What about it?"

"What were you like?" I explain myself, and I look up at him.

His face becomes unusually distance, his eyes looking in the distance as if he was thinking about something intense.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He seems to snap out of his taking a sharp breath in. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"So?..."

"High school?"

"What were you like?" I repeat.

"Pretty much the same now, but I've got my shit together now."

"Glad to hear it," I say. "Although, I'm not so entirely sure how much shit a high school boy could get up to," I tease.

"Hmm... You'd be surprised," he responds, and he's distant as he traces over my palm, creating small circles.

"What were you like in high school?" he asks back. His head is cocked to the side so he can see and hear me.

"I was so much fun in high school!" I declare and smile at him. "Went to all the parties, dated the most popular men, travelled to space one time and met an alien... you know the wild things you get up to in high school," I say sarcastically and he bursts out in laughter, tilting his head back on my back wall as he laughs. I pause for a moment to savour the sound of his laughter. "Honestly, I was very much the same now, just had Emmett by my side."