Chapter 48.

Once I get home I immediately get into the shower. I shave myself from head to toe, ensuring not a single hair was left in sight. Once I was sure that everything was as smooth as a baby's bottom, I get out and dry myself off quickly. I didn't have that long to get ready and I wanted everything to be perfect for tonight.

I redo my makeup, adding an extra fair by adding sparkly eyeshadow and curl my hair running my fingers through the hair sprayed strands so I'm left with loose beach wave curls on my tiny bob. Once that was all done and I was satisfied that I looked good, I was on to deciding what the hell I should wear. I stood in front of my closet in only my towel. I could hear my heart racing in my ears.

It's fine, Ali... You're just about to have sex for the first time tonight with a guy that you love. Everything will be okay. My anxiety was going through the roof. I began thinking about the pros and cons on every outfit I owned. I wanted to look good, but I also wanted to not look like I'm dressing over the top either. I was looking into it too deeply. I thought a dress would be okay, but it was also cold this time of year, so I factored that in as well. I ended up deciding on a long sleeve dress in an olive shade. The neckline was high, almost a turtleneck, and the hem went below my knee. It was a tight dress and clung to my body like a second skin. I opted for my black boots and my black leather jacket. By the time five rolled on past, I was dressed, ready and anxious.

I began looking at myself in the mirror. Staring. Trying to see any imperfections that told me that I shouldn't go tonight. My cheeks were flushed with nervous anticipation and I felt as if I drank three cups of coffee in the past hour. I was wired.

I was going on a date with the man I love for the first time... just the two of us. I had a right to be so nervous, especially considering that sex was also on the table.

I heard the front door open and close.

"Ali?"

"In my room!" I shouted to Zac.

"I'm just getting dressed and then I'll meet you at the front in ten, okay?" he shouts back through the door.

"Okay!" I say and I hear him walk away.

I get on my phone trying to go through my social media feed to calm my nerves, but my eyes kept darting to the top of the screen to keep trach of the time. By the time five minutes had passed, I thought it would be best if I waited outside, as my mind was thinking too much, telling me that maybe I should change, even though I knew I looked really good.

I step out of my bedroom and head to the front door, slinging my bag over my shoulder and dispersing my phone in my bag.

I hear Zac come out of his room and walk down the corridor, and I wait nervously at the front door with my hands intertwined in front of me and I pick at a hangnail. His eyes are down casted on the floor at first and then he looks up noticing my presence and his face... kind of changes from one emotion to the next. Surprise, curiosity, and then wonder and astonishment. His eyes get this shine to them and he looks at me in a way that makes my legs shake.

"You are so beautiful," he says under his breath, and I strain to hear it.

I tug a hair behind my ear. I've never thought of myself as beautiful before, pretty sure... I was a plain jane. There was nothing special or striking about me, but the way he tell me- every time he tells me, there's a part of me that believes him.

"So are you," I respond back, my voice sounding stronger than how I felt.

He wore his dark emerald green button up long sleeve shirt, black jeans, black converses and a denim jacket. That shirt was absolutely stunning on him. His hair was curlier than usual, little curls around his head like a dark halo.