Chapter 47.

My alarm went off and I annoying rolled slowly out of his arms, making sure I didn't wake him. I took my clothes into the bathroom with me, doing my hair and makeup in the bathroom so I didn't wake him. I straightened my hair quickly, letting it hang straight today.

I get out of the bathroom and head to make a coffee, thinking that only a day ago, we were here together, and he was hiding us from Emmett. Now we're dating, I suppose.

I smile to myself as I put my coffee in a travel mug and am just about to leave when I hear a door open and close.

"Zac?" I whisper.

"Nope, it's Burney," the voice responds, and I watch Burney walk out of his room, with two large black duffel bags on his shoulders.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," I say and watch him pull up his glasses with his index finger.

"Good morning, sexy," he says. "Is that for me," he says, pointing towards my coffee.

"That depends, do you like almond milk?"

"Not really," he replies, and I chuckle.

"I'll make you one," I say and prepare to make him a coffee as well.

"Aw thank you."

"So, what have you got planned today?" I ask as he takes a seat at the island. I had a little time before I had to leave, and I hadn't spoken to Burney in such a long time.

"Well... I have uni all day and practical tomorrow, so I won't be home tonight," he looks up at me and winks - or at least I think it was a wink.

"What- why are you winking?" I ask, laughing at how terrible he was at winking. "If that was even a wink," I say, taking a sip from my mug.

"Oh, ha ha!" he says, and I continue getting his coffee prepared, laughing under my breath. "I think you know what I mean."

"I really don't," I laugh, going to the fridge and getting him his milk.

"Well... let's just say you and Zac are very loud when you finish work," he says, and I snap my whole body towards him bringing my hands straight to my mouth from shock.

"Oh no."

"Oh yes," he responds, and he looks so business like. I laugh, nervously.

"Holy shit!" I say to no one in particular and I continue to awkwardly laugh. I pinch my face at him, showcasing my horror in this news.

"If it's any consolation, it sounds like he's doing a good job..."

"No," I laugh, "No, that's not any consolation at all."

My hands go to my face and I cover my eyes and then put my hands on my overheated cheeks now.

"Good gosh, I'm so sorry," I continue to laugh. This was so fucking embarrassing. Oh, my God! Could Emmett hear as well? I wanted to die right now.

"It's fine, it helps me sleep sometimes," he says, and I chuckle.

I hand him his coffee.

"You're nasty," I say with a large smile.

"You should really keep it down though," he says.

"Oh definitely," I laugh loudly. I check my watch and need to leave in five minutes. Since my hair has been cut, it has been easier to get ready for work, so with the spare time, I make myself some raison toast.

"See you later, Alison," Burney says as he leaves and after I finish eating my toast, I grab my winter jacket and head out as well.

I parked in my usual spot outside of Last Words and walked inside, the door chiming as I did.