Chapter 57.

I started getting incredibly happy when I would see Zac's car in the driveway, knowing that he was home. That familiar rush of happiness that swelled inside of me, every time I saw him it sent my heart racing and caused my cheeks to feel flush.

It's crazy how quick two months flies by when you're with the someone you love. Everything felt incredibly easy whenever I was around him, like we were two pieces to a puzzle piece that fit together.

I could still feel that Emmett was wary of the whole situation. I could feel his eyes on me whenever Zac and I were around each other, like one false move and we would crack the eggshells that were beneath us.

Zac had practically moved into my room now. I dedicated a draw just for him and despite him not wanting a new toothbrush for my room, I still kept one in the bottom draw of the bathroom, just in case.

"You'll be home a little after three?" Zac confirmed as if he didn't know my work schedule like the back of his hand.

I nod my head, looking at him using my wardrobe mirror. I was applying foundation to my face, using my brush to blend it down to my cleavage.

"Where are you off to?" I asked when I noticed he was dressed.

"I have to run a few errands," he replies. He swots down next to me.

"Did you want me to come?" I knew I had to get ready for the Bar tonight, but if I had a chance to be with Zac for a little longer, then I was more than happy to wear trackpants while I worked.

"Thank you, but I'll be fine," He says in a soft voice.

I watched in the mirror at the both of us. Zac's curled light brown hair falling into his eyes. He was desperate for a haircut, but I wouldn't allow him. His strange shade of blue looking directly into my dark eyes. It was as if heaven and hell were directly in front of me. I turned my head to look at him, running my hand down his cheek, feeling the soft rise and fall of his cheekbone and then the stubble shadowing his chin.

He kissed me quickly.

"I'll see you tonight!" he declared, before me leaving me to get ready.

It wasn't soon later that my phone chimed, signalling a message from Maddie.

Hey, so. I lowkey forgot 2 mention but 2nite is white night.

What does that mean?

It means we wear white...

Shit Maddie! I literally don't own anything white!

How did you know about this?

Stevie told us @ the last meeting. U were 2 busy sucking face with Zac ;)

Shit!

... sorry. Forgive me J

You owe me big

I do. C U Soon xxxxx

What the hell was a white night? I began to stress as I finished my makeup and hair. I opted for light makeup, using more sparkles than necessary on my upper lid and cheekbones. I left my hair in curls, making the strands loose but defined around my face. My hair was growing longer, and I was tempted to chop it all off again.

Now for the hard part. I searched high and low in my closet and only found one thing that was white. I got my phone out again, messaging Maddie again.

You owe me SO big!!!

If she had told me sooner, I would have been able to shop for something super sexy to wear to work at a BAR, but here I stood wearing a long dress. I wanted to punch myself for looking so weird- Honestly, it didn't look so bad. I needed to relax.

The sleeves were puffy, stopping midway down my bicep with a sweetheart neckline and a bow directly in the middle. The material stopped right underneath my breasts, making them look defined and my waist to be skinny, before it dropped around me, stopping just below my knee.

It really didn't look terrible, but not how I would picture my bartender to look. It was far too girly, when most nights I looked like a biker chick. I could probably pass as Cinderella if I really tried. I was grateful that at least the bust made my chest look massive, and the shape of the neckline, showcased my cleavage. After putting on the maroon boots that Maddie gave me, I declared that there was nothing more that I could do. I left the house in a hurry, already late and kept my jacket close to me in the night air.

The October nights were just warming up and I was glad that the dress was enough to keep me warm.

I tossed my things into the back room when I arrived at the Bar, already late for the shift. Stevie looked at me with disapproval on my tardiness and I apologised.

I hugged Maddie quickly.

"You look like a Goddess," Maddie tells me, and I shake my head. Leave it to Maddie to make me feel better when I felt like shit.

"You look so good," I tell her. She wore a white mesh top with a white lace bra underneath and white leather pants. How someone could look this good dressed in white from head to toe was beyond me.

"Why do we even have a white night?" I asked Maddie. I knew my face was pinched up in disgust, but I didn't care. I was flustered and annoyed.

"It will be worth it, trust me. You'll see!" she smirked.

The customers were already flooding through the door, getting ready for a big night of drinking and dancing. I noted that everyone apparently got the memo about the dress code being strictly white tonight. By the time eight came around, the lights suddenly switched off to reveal a blue glow in the room and everyone wearing white lit up. I understood the reason now.

I looked at Maddie next to me in shock.

"This is sick!" I yelled at her over the music. Everyone was glowing, including me.

"I told you it would be worth it!" she shouted back, and I laughed.

Apart from a couple fights breaking out on the dance floor, the night went smoothly, and I became happier as the night went on. I danced to the music like I usually did, and my tip jar was overflowing. Perhaps, this whole cute little dress look was working in my favour.

Before I realised, the bell for last call was being rung and we served the final wave of people getting drinks, and it wasn't long until everyone began filtering out.

"Good job tonight, girls!" Stevie calls to us as we began cleaning up. "I think it's safe to say that white night was a success."

Both Maddie and I agreed talking about doing white night more often. Once everything was cleaned, Maddie and I grabbed our things and were about to head out.

Koby walked us both to our cars, taking Maddie to her car before he walked me to mine. He kept close to me.

"Thanks, Koby," I say. I open my door and then pause when he was still lingering behind me. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah... Uh... I was just wondering if you were free tomorrow night to go out to... to dinner with me?"

I somehow stopped breathing and I kept my eyes on him. I was almost about to laugh at how this laugh, brooding man, struggling to ask me out on a date.

"Koby," I finally breathed. "I am so extremely flattered, but I'm currently dating someone."

His smile widens, but it doesn't touch his eyes. "A fine gal like you, of course you're dating someone," he says with a nod.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Don't be," he says. He puts his hands in his pockets and looks visibly uncomfortable. "I thought I'd at least try."

"Thanks for trying, I guess," I shrug.

"Have a great night," he says and begins walking away from me.

I physically cringe at myself but brush it off as I get inside my car.

The thought of going home to Zac made me ecstatic. I was going home to the man that I love.