Day 18: Northern lights

3rd person POV

(A/N warning what I'm about to write might not be logically correct)

The northern lights that's how they met. Damian Wayne future leader of the assassins. Marinette Dupain-Cheng future leader of the guardians. These two nations were neighbors but also the biggest of enemies.

Lights flashed through the skies of Tibet catching the childrens attention. Both of them were artist of some sort at heart. Both follow them wanting to get a better look sneaking out of their chambers. Two 9 year olds meet at the highest mountain.

Both couldn't help but stare at each others eyes. You know what they say eyes were the windows to the soul.

"Hello" Marinette says smiling at the boy who shows no emotion.

"Hi" he says making her frown.

"Your broken and overworked like me" she says sitting herself down and staring at the lights. "Only difference seems to be the fact I have a few people to care about me and no scars on my body at all" She says touching him healing all his scars.

Damian stares at the girl in shock. She was not even a bit older than him in fact she looked younger yet she seemed so wise maybe wiser than he.

"Thank you" he says looking at his now scare free body.

"It's my job" she says looking up. "I'm going to be leader of the great guardians one day" she says sighing. "Truth is I don't want this"

"Why" he asks.

"These people are secretly evil maybe even more than your people but they hide it well"

"Why stay"

"The little animal like creatures called kwamis. God's if you may say. They are the reason I stay. I'm looking for a way to set them free, they have been trapped by the order for too long. They do not deserve this. They too deserve to leave among us and study our strange ways while healing the earth. Not be trapped in some useless piece of jewelry" she says sighing. "The guardians don't know it yet but I'm going to destroy them and free the people I've come to see as family"

"I don't want to lead the assassins either" Damian admits looking at the beautiful lights that shown in the night sky. Marinette smiles sadly at this.

"Then we'll destroy these two nations together" she says holding out her hand.

"Together" he states taking her hand. The lights seemed to shine even brighter at this.

The two would meet at least once every week. From that lovely day it became a yearly tradition to visit the northern lights. Even after the two nations fell.

Their friendship had developed into something more which they both didn't understand. At the age of twelve both became heroes. They once again visited the lights plotting the downfall of the two nations for the new they would rise again.

At fourteen they had gained and in Marinette's case lost friends/allies. They once again stood under the lights but this time their group was a little bit bigger. Both nations had risen and wanted to make them their leaders. They refused

At sixteen they stood on the mountain top under the lights that seemed to shine brighter than ever. Both nations had fallen thanks to five teenagers. They watched as the brunt down.

Marinette looked at the jewelry in sadness having not been able to free her kwami friends yet. She sighed having defeated Hawkmoth a long time ago.

Damian led the girl to the one place he knew they were people to help them. Marinette wanted one specially wonder woman.

Everyone stared in shock as a portal opened up and Damian came in followed by a blue haired girl. Wonder woman immediately bows sensing her aura.

"Young goddess" she says.

"No need to bow down Diana you are an equal to me" she says making everyone's jaw drop.

Not only had Damian brought home, well not really home, a girl but she was a goddess who knew Wonder woman's identity.

"I need help" she says bringing forward the jewelry "my family has been trapped in here for a long time now. The guardians were corrupt and had to be destroyed"

"I'm sorry to hear that young goddess" Diana says.

"It's Marinette Diana" she says.

Under the northern lights on the same night a spell was casted by different magic users releasing the kwamis from their prisons.

"Mom Dad" Marinette shouts hugging Plagg and Tikki like her life depended on it. "I'm so sorry" she says.

The guardians had kept the fact that she was daughter of two of the most powerful God's until their downfall.

"Hello kitten" Plagg says. Marinette breaks the hug allowing them to reunite with each other in these forms once again.

She is so happy she can't hold back her joy and immediately latches herself on Damian kissing him right there and then and of course he kisses back.

Everyone is of course shocked while the God's smile watching the two soulmates finally get together. The shared their first kiss under the northern lights.

Under the northern lights 5 years later they said their I do's finally making it official.

✨✨✨

Yes I'm currently half asleep so please forgive my sloppy writing and goodnight to y'all. Please vote and comment.

Jenny ❤️❤️❤️