03 | It's now or never

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

Kol was ripped away from her

Kol was ripped away from her. Rebekah was in her face. "What do you know of the cure?"

Talia heaved in a breath. She eyed Kol who was pacing and growling just out of her reach.

"I know that there is only one dose and there is a nasty side effect from it." Talia said.

Rebekah gestured for her to continue.

"It works fine for a while but then your age catches up to you quickly. The older the vampire the faster you die." Talia rubbed her throat.

Rebekah and Kol froze.

"So if I took it . . ." Rebekah trailed off.

"You will be dead by the month's end. You might even get two months." Talia confirmed.

"How do you know this?" Rebekah asked, calmly. Inside she was crying. She couldn't believe that any of this was true, but then again, she should have suspected it. Nature's way of keeping the balance.

Kol glared at Talia. His look said, tell her the truth and I won't help you.

Talia gulped. "I had a vision."

Kol snorted softly. Talia glared at him. Kol raised his hands in surrender.

Rebekah didn't catch their glances and looks. "Explain now!"

"I saw what would happen if you guys find the cure. Katerina Petrova would take the cure because the bitch would shove it down her throat. Jeremy would die. Not that I care. The brat can rot forever in my opinion. Bonnie Bennett would die from bringing the Veil back up. And Stefan would be trapped in a coffin underwater for a year. Stefan is Silas' doppelganger.

Silas would pretend to be Stefan while you all scrambled around trying to find him. Trust me, Silas is very real. He wants to bring down the Veil that separates the living from the dead. All those supernatural creatures you guys have killed over the years will come flooding this town. Including Mikael and Esther." Talia spoke. "You will want to prevent that at all costs."

Rebekah looked thoughtful. "Give me a day to think this over. Now that you thwarted them from completing the hunter's mark. By the way, how does that work?"

Talia looked at the ground. "When you kill an Original every vampire they turned dies. Including the ones they turned. It is called a bloodline. If they succeeded in killing Kol, every vampire he turned and the ones they then turned dies. It would have completed the Hunter's mark because I am guessing that the number is not small."

"So . . . Sage?" Rebekah asked faintly.

Talia nodded. "Yes. She came after the Salvatores for revenge in killing Finn and choked to death on their floor. I told you, bloodline. It's like a family tree, but every vampire has a tiny bit of Original blood in their system. It's why you can compel them. So, if the originator of the blood dies the other all die. Am I making sense?"