19 | I'm a big girl

┏━━━━━━━━┓

I'm a big girl
I can handle myself

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia huffed as she walked away from Kol

Talia huffed as she walked away from Kol. The nerve of him! He says he doesn't want a relationship and that he doesn't care for her, then he has the gall to dictate who she sees. It's like if he can't have her, no one can.

"Talia? Wait." Kol came after her.

Talia whirled around. "What do you want Kol? Come to tell me that I can't go outside? I am a big girl. I can do what I want."

"Listen, Talia, I am-" Kol started.

"I just need some space before I say things I will regret. Just leave me alone Kol. Just for today. You have already pushed me too far today." Talia spun around again and walked outside.

Talia heard Nik, Rebekah, and Elijah's conversation and growled angrily. It was their fault that Kol was angry. Not hers. They shouldn't have meddled. They were doing more harm than good.

Talia sped off after Kol's name was yelled by Niklaus. Talia meandered around the forest for a few hours until she checked her phone and saw it was 3:25 pm. "Shit!" Talia ran back to the house. Talia hurried upstairs bypassing Kol who wanted to talk. Talia ran around her room, changing her clothes and getting ready to meet Galen. Talia ran back downstairs to see that Elijah was ready. "Thank God. I thought I would have to walk." Talia calmed down.

"No, Miss Talia. I set it up. The least I can do is take you and make sure you get there on time." Elijah ushered Talia out the door and to a black car in the driveway. Elijah quickly made his way to the driver's seat and drove away.

"Why are you going so fast?" Talia asked. She expected Elijah to be a slow driver. At least follow the speed limit.

"We are being followed." Elijah said cautiously.

Talia fumed. "He can't let it go for once."

"You don't know my brother then." Elijah commented.

"Not really. I know the big things but the show doesn't really show the small things." Talia said, embarrassed.

Elijah snorted. "Typical. What do you know about our family?"

"I know basically how your family was made into vampires. I know about your father and why he hates Nik. I know about your mother and how she hates you guys for what you have become. I know about Finn and how he turned Sage. I know about the Five and the time Nik killed them all." Talia listed. "I don't know the little things like what is your favorite color. What kind of food do you like? Stuff like that."

Elijah thought for a moment. "What is your favorite band? The one you use to work out."

Talia looked down. "It is not exactly the best band. They are very crude and cuss a lot."

Elijah waited patiently, calmly signalling to turn into the parking lot of the Grill.

"Hollywood Undead. They are a rap/rock group." Talia muttered.

Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Look, I like any type of music. Hollywood Undead is a rock group so the music pumps me up. They also are not fake. They give their all into their music. There used to be a guy in their band but he was bad for them. He didn't show up for their shows and forced the others to pick up the slack. They kicked him out and found a guy named Danny. Danny is the best. I love his music. He is much better for them. The other guy has one album with them. Danny, in my time has four albums with them. Only one of their albums are out now. I have to wait until 2013, 2015 and 2017 for their albums. And if you don't have them here I think I might cry." Talia huffed for breath.

"I didn't say a word Miss Talia." Elijah said.

"Like I told Bekah, 'actions speak louder than words'." Talia stated.

Elijah barked out a laugh. "I bet she didn't like that much." Elijah parked the car.

"Not so much. No." Talia agreed.

Talia got out of the car. "You will pick me after, right?"

"I will wait out here. You might need me when Kol shows up." Elijah pulled out a notebook and a pen. "I have things I still need to plan."

Talia groaned in frustration. "Why won't he leave it alone? We had an agreement."

"Miss Talia-" Elijah started.

Talia checked her watch and cursed. "Look, I gotta go. We can talk on the way back. Just please keep Kol away. I don't need him barging in on this. Like I told him, I am not looking for love. I promise not to flirt."

Elijah simply nodded.

"Thanks 'Lijah. See you after." Talia walked into the Grill. Galen Vaughn was sitting in a corner booth, sitting so he had a view of the whole restraunt.

Talia walked up to him. "Hello Mr. Vaughn. I am Talia Young."

The red haired hunter observed the girl. He was curious about the so called First Protector. So far she had made a good impression. He wondered about her mate. The ginger girl sat down across from him. She assessed him as well.

"I want to stop him as well. I need your help." Talia spoke first.

The lass was pretty he gave her that, but he knew she had a vampire mate. "Why do you need my help?" Galen asked.

"You are the only hunter I know who has a complete mark." Talia kept her words quiet. "I know the general area where he is, but you know the exact location. Plus I know you have a plan to stop him. If you help us, I will owe you a favor. Anything you need help with, whether it be information or a one time protection deal I promise I will help."

Galen thought for a moment. Having the First Protector owning him a favor will help him a lot. On the other hand working with vampires was a no go. "I don't work with vampires."

"You won't be. The only ones going are Elijah and I. I won't be drinking the red stuff on this trip, neither will Elijah. I only need it about once a week. We won't be gone that long. I eat normal food same as everyone else." Talia offered.

"What about your mate?" Galen asked.

Talia huffed. "He is not my mate. We don't have anything between us."

"Is Elijah your mate?" Galen asked.

Talia breathed deep through her nose. "No. I don't see how that is relevant. Anyway, he is staying here."

"So, a little over a week without your mate. Will you handle it?" Galen asked.

"What?" Talia floundered.

"Yeah. It takes three days to get to the cave. Then three days back, that's already six days. You also have to add two extra days to fly there and back. In all I think we will be gone about nine to ten days." Galen said.

Talia nodded firmly. "I can do it. What do you say Galen?"

Galen thought for a bit more. "Deal." Galen and Talia shook hands.

"We leave tomorrow at ten in the morning. We will meet you at the airport in Richmond." Talia finalized the details.

Galen looked hard at the girl. "You promise to keep your word about the favor."

Talia gazed back at him evenly. "I swear it on my little sister's life." Talia vowed solemnly.

Galen looked pleased. "I will see you tomorrow."

Talia smiled. "Thank you Galen." Talia stood up and left.

Galen watched the red haired girl leave the building. This should be an interesting ten days.