25 | trouble in paradise

┏━━━━━━━━┓

I'm in trouble

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia settled in for the long drive as Elijah turned onto the interstate

About forty minutes into their drive, Elijah turned down the music. "Why do you hate my brother so much?"

"I don't hate Nik." Talia started but was silenced by Elijah's serious look.

"I don't like to play games Miss Young." Elijah said firmly.

"I don't hate Kol. I am scared of him." Talia muttered. "I had a bad experience in the past that put me off guys."

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "You seem fine with Niklaus and myself."

Talia raised her head, eyes glistening. "I just can't do romantic relationships. I hate this!" Talia slammed her hand on the dash. "Damn it! Damn Jayden to hell!" A few tears dropped from Talia's eyes. "I just can't go into another relationship, Elijah. I am too scared." Talia composed herself.

Elijah calmly listened to her. "You need to talk with Kol. Explain all of this. He will understand." He stated.

"I can't-" Talia was panicked.

"Yes. You can." Elijah turned up the music.

Talia slumped down in her seat and closed her eyes.
---------------------------

It seemed only minutes later, Elijah was shaking her awake. "Talia, wake up. We're here."

Talia opened her green eyes blearily and sat up straight in her seat. Elijah pulled up to a private landing strip. A jet was parked on the runway. "You just confirmed that you guys have a boatload of money you know. I hope you clarified with Galen what airport to go to." Talia spoke as she got out of the car.

"I did, and he should be here right about now." Elijah said as a truck was seen driving down the road.

The two immortals watched as Galen Vaughn got out of his truck and stepped down on the tarmac.

"Mister Vaughn. We should be taking off shortly." Elijah greeted the scottish hunter.

Galen warily shook hands with Elijah and turned towards Talia. "Talia, I am doing this because you will owe me. I am in charge because it is my plan. What I say goes." Galen turned towards Elijah as well as Talia. "I don't take orders from vampires and sorry, Talia, you fall under that category."

The three travelers climbed into the plane.

"Silas is on one of the northern islands in Nova Scotia. It will take about two hours to reach the mainland of Nova Scotia. It will then take half a day to ride in a boat to the island. After that, we will hike for three days to reach the cave. We will deal with Silas and then we will go back and part ways at the airport. I have my own flight that will fly out of Nova Scotia. We will not be using any of your vampire tricks except for your strength to hold down Silas. Are we clear?" Galen spoke as the plane started to taxi down the runway.

"Yes sir." Talia sarcastically saluted. "And I apologize Elijah. It will take less than what I thought. I didn't know Nova Scotia was in Canada. Geography was not my best subject. You might want to call your siblings and let them know."

"After we land. Let them stew for a bit." Elijah said with a poker face.

Talia laughed. "I knew you had an evil side somewhere in there. Your siblings can't have got all of the crazy genes for themselves."

Elijah prefered Talia laughing to crying. Elijah hoped to get to know the young woman on this trip. He had a feeling that she was holding back when she first got here. He knew this trip would break her out of her shell.

As soon as the plane took off, Talia flinched. "I hate this part." She muttered.

"How many times have you flown?" Elijah asked her.

"I have only been out of the United States once. My little sister turned fifteen and she wanted to go to London. I saved up for months to take her. We spent four days there. We flew out from Denver International Airport. We live in a small town in Colorado. We flew from Denver to Toronto. Toronto to London. We did the same back. So I guess you can say I have been in a plane four times." Talia answered. Anything to take her mind off of the plane.

The flight to Nova Scotia took about two hours. Galen spent it on his laptop. He put headphones in about thirty minutes into the flight.

Talia and Elijah spent it talking. They found out they had a few things in common. They ended up forming a bond of sorts. Elijah was the protective older brother Talia had always wanted. Talia ended up telling him the full story of Jayden. Talia had to calm down Elijah and remind him that Jayden was in a different world. Talia told Elijah about Matty. Elijah in turn, told her some of Kol's antics as a child. Talia was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe. Elijah saw Talia as an annoying little sister. The stories went from Kol to Rebekah and Niklaus as well. Elijah even told her a bit about Henrik.

The plane landed with Talia clenching the armrests and almost breaking one. That chair will always have the indents of her fingernails.

After a full day of travel, they reached the island. Galen ordered them to make camp a little ways up the beach.

Talia and Elijah sat around the fire. Talia was pouting. "You didn't bring marshmallows."

"I am sorry." Elijah said.

Talia kept her face away from Elijah. Her lower lip was jutted out.

"If you two are done, we need to get to bed. We are getting up at dawn to continue our journey." Galen interrupted.

Talia rolled her eyes and stood up. "Good night Elijah." Talia kissed Elijah on the cheek. Talia looked across the fire at Galen who was sharpening a stick. "Be nice." Talia said, glaring at him. Talia's eyes glowed briefly with white, yellow and red light.

Galen glanced up. "I'll play nice if he does." Galen gestured to Elijah.

"I think I will retire as well." Elijah stood up. "Goodnight Talia."

The two immortals went to their tents. Talia laid in her tent thinking of Kol. She hoped he was doing okay. Talia opened her rain cover and stared up at the sky. She really missed him. She never knew how much until he was gone. A tear slipped down her cheek. Elijah was right. She had to talk to him. She hoped he would understand. "I promise you, Kol. I will try for you. I swear it." Talia whispered to the night.