47 | let me make mistakes

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Over and over again,
over and over again

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia smirked

Talia smirked. "It would be my genuine pleasure."

A female groan was heard a from the house. "Seriously Talia! Quoting the Avengers! You are a nerd!" Jordan's voice came from upstairs.

"I love you too punk!" Talia yelled back.

Kol smiled and shook his head. "Things sure are different since you showed up."

Talia smiled happily at him. "You wouldn't have me any other way."

Forty five minutes later, Talia was arguing with Matty.

"I can help." Matty insisted.

"No." Talia said firmly. "We need someone here with Jordan. The movers will be here soon and we need someone to direct them."

"Talia! You are so unfair! I can fight too." Matty stomped her foot and crossed her arms.

"Matty? Please. You are only fifteen. You still need to grow. You are not immortal yet. Please. I can't fight, knowing you'll be there. I need you safe. Stay here. Please." Talia begged. "The Salvatores know how to fight werewolves. The second I bite Elena, Damon is going to be all over me and whoever else I care about there. I know Kol can handle himself. In fact, I know all the Originals can handle themselves. Heck, on a regular basis I beat up Nik and Elijah. Just stay here."

Matty huffed and flipped a piece of blonde hair over her shoulder. "Yeah. Fine. Whatever. I'll stay. But you have to let me grow into my own person as well. You have to let me make mistakes sometimes. How else am I gonna learn?"

The two sisters hugged.

"Be safe. Please." Matty pleaded. "I can't lose you twice."

"Cross my heart." Talia kissed Matty's temple. "Be good and get everything."

Talia left with the Original Family with one last wave to Jordan and Matty.

Fifteen minutes they arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House.

As soon as Talia was out the door a brown blur ran forward at her. "You!" Elena seethed. "I thought this was a meeting between the Originals and us. You weren't supposed to bring your pet."

Kol made to go after her but Talia placed her hand on his arm.

"No small chat? No greeting? Kids these days. Just shameful." Talia taunted. Fibbing with how old she was. "Isn't is just so sad how people today go about things, Nik?" Talia purposely used her nickname for him to show how close to the family she was.

Elena's eyes went wide at Talia's use of the name. "No. There was only five of them. You can't possibly be-"

Talia sped forward and grabbed Elena's arm. She twisted it behind her back. "Can't possibly be what, Darling?" Talia stole Kol's term and saw him smirk out of the corner of her eye. "I can't possibly be the true mate of one of the Originals? Can't possibly be involved with one of them?" Talia grabbed Elena's hair and twisted it around her fist. "Can't possibly be the mate of the very one you and your brat of a brother tried to kill the other night? Go on. I want to hear you say it." Talia yanked hard on Elena's hair, forcing her to bare her neck for her. Talia's inner wolf howled at seeing the one who almost killed her mate show submission to her. "Listen up little bitch. You messed with the wrong girl. Kol is mine. No one gets to kill him but me."

Elena kicked her foot back and knocked Talia off balance. Talia still had a death grip on Elena's hair so when she fell, she yanked out a handful of her brown locks.

Elena screamed in pain. "You Bitch!"

Talia stood up quickly. She threw Elena's hair to the ground. "Let's go little girl. Only one of us is leaving here alive."

Talia took up her fighting stance. Elena did the same. Elena lashed out with her elbow towards Talia's side. Talia caught it but missed Elena's follow up of her knee to her abdomen. Talia huffed out a breath. Talia crunched Elena's elbow until it snapped. The bones in her lower humerus and upper radius and ulna shattering.

Elena howled in pain.

Talia smirked.

Elena lashed out again with a fist to Talia's jaw. Talia rolled with the punch and brought a kick of her own to Elena's knee. Her left knee shattered as well. The bones crunching under her skin.

Talia wiped the blood off of her split lip. Chancing a glance to check on Kol. Elijah and Nik were holding him back. Kol's eyes were zeroed on her busted lip.

Talia got another fist slammed into her side, fracturing her rib cage. Talia gasped.

"Keep your eyes on your opponent." Elena gritted from the pain.

"Talia! Stop messing with her and do it already! We can't hold him back for much longer!" Rebekah's voice came through Talia's pain induced haze.

Talia snarled and brought out her vampire face. With speed faster than she thought she was capable of, she sped forward and hand her hands around Elena's neck. "Goodbye Bitch." Talia snarled and bit harshly into Elena's neck, ripping out a chunk of skin when she pulled back. Talia snapped her neck and let her body drop to the ground.

Talia stood up with a wince and a flinch as her ribs mended themselves. "She'll be dead within twenty four hours." Talia looked around. "Where is everyone?" Talia looked behind her to see Elijah wiping his hand on his handkerchief. His bloody red hand. Talia looked at his feet and saw the heartless form of Damon Salvatore. "Huh?" Talia mused. "He really does have a heart."

Talia spun around to find Kol. "Where did Kol go?"

No sooner than those words had left her lips, Talia was scooped up in a pair of arms and was having her vision blurred. Talia gasped.

Quicker than she would like, Talia was deposited on the forest floor on her feet and was shoved up against a tree. Kol's mouth descended on hers. He hesitantly licked the blood from her split lip and froze. His whole body shivered. Talia felt his fangs resting lightly on her lip.

Kol pulled back. "I can't . . . I need . . ." Kol couldn't speak in a complete sentence. Seeing Talia call him hers, then having her blood right in front of him? It was all he could do to restrain himself.

Kol was a split second from running off when Talia did something that shocked him. She tilted her head back and exposed her neck to him.

"It's okay. Take what you need. You won't hurt me." She whispered. "Be as rough as you like. I won't break."

Kol hesitated a second longer then slowly moved closer to Talia. "Are you sure, Darling?"

"Positive." Talia leaned her head back further and relaxed into the tree. "Come on take my-" Talia let out a moan as Kol sank his fangs gently into her neck.

At the first mouthful Kol groaned. He slurped harder. He wrapped his arms around Talia and drank.

Talia's body was trembling. This was intense. Very intense. She so wanted to reciprocate but knew she wouldn't without Kol's permission. It wasn't the right time right now anyway. She knew if she drank Kol's blood they most certainly will go to a place she wasn't sure she was ready for just yet.

The pull of Kol's mouth at her neck ceased all thoughts. Talia's world narrowed to the feel of Kol's sucking of her blood.

"Kol." She exhaled on a moan.

Kol made a similar sound in response.

Talia's head got all floaty. She was losing consciousness. He was taking too much, but for the life of her she didn't want to make him stop. It felt too good. "Kol." She breathed one last time as her world went black.