epilogue: part two

"And you got the present?" Taehyung asked for what had to be the sixth time. Namjoon sighed, pulling over the collar of his jacket.

"Yes, Tae. It's still in my coat pocket. Just like the other six times you've asked me." Taehyung held his hands up in surrender.

"I'm just making sure. You can never be too careful."

Namjoon's hands came down to his sides as he gave himself a once over in the mirror. He nodded.

"Okay, I think I'm ready," he said, before turning to a grinning Taehyung. The younger sniffled dramatically, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Look at you, all grown up."

Namjoon rolled his eyes, playfully shoving his brother's shoulder.

"Okay, I'm only going to be gone three hours, max-"

"I doubt that."

"If you need anything, or something happens, you call me. Immediately. Got it?" he raised an eyebrow, pointing a finger at Taehyung.

The younger nodded, saluting his brother.

"Sir, yes sir!"

Namjoon huffed, throwing his hands up, as he left the room of Taehyung's apartment.

"I swear, you're almost twenty six, and I still feel like I'm talking to a four year old..."

-

Namjoon was standing outside in the cold, waiting for Jin like on their first date.

Hands in his pockets, bouncing on his heels, he looked around the park, hoping to get a glimpse of the older man.

Namjoon could feel the small present in his right pocket, the red paper bow digging into his palms.

A sudden tap on his shoulder made him turn around, his heart beating fast in his chest.

"Hi," Jin smiled a little, hands also in his pockets.

He was wearing simple dark jeans, a turtle neck, and a coat, and yet, he still looked like a god in Namjoon's mind.

"Hey," the younger breathed out.

Many years later and Namjoon still felt like he did the first time they met.

Completely awestruck.

Jin let out a small laugh, the noise so precious in Namjoon's mind.

"So, you asked me out on a date...what are we doing?" the younger snapped out of his thoughts, stepping closer to the angel in front of him.

"Remember the very first time we came here?" he said, holding his elbow out for Jin to loop his arm through.

Jin hummed as they began walking.

"It was right before Christmas. You gave me this necklace-" Jin held up the tiny bar pendant, "-and you apologized. It was after I had found out about Young-Jae. Gosh, how long ago was that?"

Namjoon chuckled a little, "Almost eight years..."

"What?! Eight- it definitely doesn't feel that way," Jin exclaimed. He looked over at his boyfriend, pressing closely to his side. "Well, I'm glad that I met you. You're my everything."

Namjoon looked into Jin's eyes, giving him his signature dimpled smile.

"I love you," he said, leaning in to give Jin a kiss.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, relishing in the taste of each other's lips, before breaking apart, smiling.

They continued on their walk, following the same path they did all those years ago. The conversation was light and their strides were slow.