thirty eight

[februrary]

After Namjoon's miracle three-pointer won them the game, people started to treat him more like a human being.

Many had witnessed the interactions between him and his son, before and after the game, and not only were the old rumors spread by Sehun starting to die down, but new gossip about him being the perfect guy/parent were starting to spread like wildfire.

After the game, a lot of girls had swarmed him, cooing over the three year old hiding in his chest. Even once or twice during the week, a few had come up to Namjoon, complimented him, asking him about Young-Jae.

The father just laughed it off, seeing Jin's pouty, almost jealous, reaction as something funny and kinda cute.

-

"I'm really glad we're doing this," Namjoon said, leaning back in a rolling chair in Yoongi's basement.

The blonde smiled, head still focused on the mixing board in front of him.

"Me too. It's really nice having someone who understands all of this."

Namjoon hummed, his eyes really scanning the room for the first time since they walked down there.

"Wow. You've got some really high-tech stuff," Namjoon commented, as he walked around, looking at everything, "I keep forgetting you guys are rich."

Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head.

"Speaking of which, how did you get into Seoul Academy? The way you're talking tells me you're not...er...well acquainted with this lifestyle."

Namjoon shrugged. "I took the entrance exams for my zoned area, and they referred me to the academy."

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you take the IQ test? I remember taking that when I applied."

"Yeah. But I had records transferred from my other school. I got a 148, so I didn't want to screw it up and do worse or something," the younger joked.

Yoongi's eyebrows practically shot up into his hairline, and he turned around to look at the boy. "Namjoon, what the fuck."

"What?"

"You do realize 140 is categorized as genius level."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, like he was in thought.

"Huh. I didn't really think about that."

Yoongi scoffed, turning back to his computer, shaking his head and grumbling.

"I have a genius sitting in my genius lab, who doesn't even realize he's a genius..."

-

"Yoongo boongo!" Jimin's all too cheery voice chirped, as he made his way down the stairs to the basement.

Namjoon snorted, as Yoongi gave him a side look, out of embarrassment.

"Yes?" he responded, as Jimin skipped in, a smile on his face.

"I just ordered some food for you guys. You've been down here for hours," he said, plopping down into an unsuspecting Yoongi's lap.

"Oh, well thanks, Jiminie."

The younger boy giggled a little, before placing a chaste kiss on a now blushing blonde's cheek.

"Bleh," Namjoon pretended to hurl, laughing when Jimin slapped his shoulder, rolling his eyes.

"Oh don't pretend you're all innocent, mister. Or did you forget that Jin's my best friend and we tell each other everything?"