fifteen

[september]

"So, what kind of things does Namjoon like? You know, for a birthday gift..." Jin asked, stuffing his face with food.

It was lunchtime and Namjoon had gone out to answer a phone call, so Jin thought it would be the perfect opportunity to ask the question everyone was wondering about.

Although they'd known the Kim family for a few months, the boys didn't really have much of an idea who Namjoon was.

Sure, they knew he was smart, polite, and he used to play basketball, but that was really the extent of their knowledge.

Taehyung was silent for a few moments, pouting as he chewed his food, squinting into space like he was thinking really hard.

"Well, he's really into music, enjoys collecting things- oh! He has an obsession with all things Ryan...hmmm....honestly, Namjoon's a pretty simple guy. He'll be happy with anything," Taehyung concluded with a shrug.

The table nodded, everyone starting to brainstorm ideas on what to get the teenager.

Outwardly, Jin nodded along with everyone else, but inwardly, he was pouting, because Taehyung didn't really give any helpful information.

He was hoping for some kind of new, interesting fact about Namjoon. Maybe a secret hobby, or something like his favorite sports team.

He wanted to know if Namjoon was passionate about something, so he could get a birthday present to match.

For some reason, he felt the need to wow Namjoon.

And not just with this present, but anything he did.

Jin had never met someone quite like Namjoon. In some ways, he was the biggest kid Jin knew- clumsy, awkward, dorky, and adorable. When he laughed, his eyes crinkled on the sides, the dimple in his cheek made him look oh-so-innocent when he smiled.

And yet, the way he carried himself, his posture, attitude, personality...He always had a wise tone, often speaking in metaphors. He acted like an adult, way past his years.

Crushes were a new department for Jin.

Sure, he dated plenty of guys and girls before.

But that was easy.

They all wanted him.

With Namjoon, Jin found himself seeking the boy's attention, always checking to see if he was watching, doing stupid stuff to impress him. His heart would skip a beat and his cheeks would flush pink when he just thought of the younger's beautiful smile.

Jin wasn't sure when he came to the conclusion that he wanted to be with the younger, but every nerve ending in his body was practically screaming at him to do something.

So, Jin was determined to make Namjoon his.

-

"Tireeeed!" Taehyung groaned dramatically, dropping his backpack on the floor and flopping onto the couch.

Namjoon soon followed, taking his shoes off and making his way into the living room.

The pitter patter of little tiny feet rushed in.

"DAAADDDYYYY" the little boy exclaimed, jumping into his father's awaiting arms.

"Hey, buddy! How was daycare?"

"FUN! FUNFUNFUN!" Young-Jae practically screamed out.

Namjoon winced. "Ok, yeah, wow. Why don't we use our inside voice and not yell in Daddy's ear..."