seven

[august]

Weeks went by, and the seven teenagers became closer and closer.

Even Jeongguk and Yoongi who'd been going to the same school as the others for years were getting along great.

Every Friday, the group decided to hang out, and every time someone asked Namjoon, he would decline.

Obviously, everyone knew it was something bigger than he was letting on, but Namjoon couldn't find it in himself, to tell the truth.

He didn't know what was worse.

The obvious lying and fun he was missing out on or just sucking up and going, but feeling guilty about leaving his two year old son at home for a while.

Speaking of his son, Namjoon finally decided it was time to get a babysitter.

He was able to get help from a cousin who just finished university and was looking for a job.

She would watch Young-Jae during the week, picking him up from daycare, and sometimes staying a little later so Namjoon could catch up on homework or studying.

Although Sana was a familiar face, being family and all, Namjoon still felt uneasy leaving Young-Jae for long periods of time.

Taehyung had hoped freeing his brother's hands a little would give him more time to hang out with their new friends, but it just seemed to make him more uneasy.

It seemed that every week, Taehyung was more frustrated than the last, covering for Namjoon while also comforting him because he was beating himself up for letting everyone down.

Jin and Namjoon had taken to each other like fish to water, an immediate attraction was quite apparent.

They had many of their classes together and were frequently found chatting in the back of the classroom, unaware of the interested eyes of other students.

The rest of their friend group would often talk behind their backs, betting and debating how and when they would confess their feelings to one another.

Namjoon began to feel more at home, and more relaxed around his new friends as time went on. Even though he felt like he was living a double life, he enjoyed the time he had at school to be with them.

Before they realized it, an entire month almost passed and it was the week before Jeongguk's birthday.

That meant it was almost Young-Jae's birthday as well.

And chaos would definitely ensue.

-

"Okay, as you guys know, my birthday is this Saturday, so I'm throwing a party at my house Friday night! Everyone's coming, right?" Jeongguk beamed, showing off his cute bunny smile.

"Of course! We wouldn't miss it!" Hoseok answered for them all.

The rest of the boys agreed, making the youngest happy.

Well, all except Namjoon.

Hunched over, he was silently picking at his food.

It wasn't like he was doing it on purpose, his thoughts were just consumed with birthday arrangements and schedules of his own.

He'd been planning Young-Jae's party for weeks and wanted to make sure it was perfect.

Thinking about the theme, decorations, birthday cake, entertainment, invites, and many other birthday related things, he'd completely zoned out.

"Namjoon, hyung," Jeongguk's voice snapped the older from his thoughts.

"Huh?" He asked, glancing around at the table of friends who were all eyeing him curiously.