epilogue: part one

[three years later]

"And we're back with this week's interviewee! Today we are here with one of South Korea's most prominent up-and-coming male models, one-half of everyone's favorite influential power couple, please welcome Kim Seokjin!"

The camera panned to the audience erupting in applause, while Jin smiled and waved sitting on a couch opposite to the interviewer.

"Hello!" he grinned, before shaking the man's hand and bowing.

The two waited for the audience to calm down before he began talking.

"So, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you," Jin nodded, leaning back in his chair, comfortably.

"I must ask...this is your first interview since being awarded South Korea's new up-and-coming model award-" the interviewer paused as the audience began cheering.

Jin smiled, giving them a bow of gratitude.

"-you must be very happy. What is going through your mind right now?"

"Hmm, right now?" Jin asked, fidgeting in his chair, "Probably... when can I eat all the junk food I want again?" he joked, the audience and interviewer laughing.

"In all seriousness, I am very thankful for the award, and the opportunity I was given. My company has been a huge support system and helped me through a lot. Not so long ago, I was just a regular college student studying the arts and taking care of my family."

The interviewer nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, speaking of the Kim clan. You and your partner have been dubbed one of South Korea's most influential power couples of this generation. What is it like being in this profession, and so open about your sexuality?"

The audience murmured happily as pictures of Namjoon and Jin from Instagram posts and tabloids smiling at red carpet events and in public flashed across the monitor spanning the studio's back wall.

Jin turned to look at some of the pictures as they went by, smiling as he recounted some of the memories.

One that they took after he won the modeling award, another for a recognition ceremony Namjoon and Yoongi attended for their producing, and a few at-home moments of joy he'd manage to catch on camera.

"Yes, well it was definitely a shock when me and Namjoon decided to announce our relationship and saw such a large support from fans. Although, I think it wasn't as shocking for Namjoon's fans because he's always been very open about his sexuality and struggles through his music. I think that's what motivated me, even though I was concerned that mainstream media wouldn't be so forgiving. Actually, we were both pretty shocked when the company hosting this year's modeling awards invited us to arrive and pose as a couple for the red carpet event, but I'm forever grateful since it went viral and made us famous."

The interviewer nodded as he listened to Jin.

"I think it's wonderful how we're evolving more and more. I think that being able to see couples like us in the spotlight, makes it more normalized. And I think that it also gives hope to a lot of people," Jin concluded, just as the audience began clapping and cheering in support.

He smiled.

"I really admire your courage, and might I just say what I think is on everyone's minds: Kim Young-Jae has completely won over our hearts!" the interviewer exclaimed, as pictures of the young boy with his parents flashed on the screen. "He is the most adorable six year old I've ever met. So politely mannered, and cute! You know, backstage, I greeted him and asked if we could take a picture-"