four

[august]

"So, what do you think?" (christine has entered the chat) Jin questioned as he and Namjoon made their way to the cafeteria.

The younger shrugged, one hand gripping his backpack strap.

"Good, I guess? I mean, it's school. How much can you really say you enjoy school..." Jin smiled at his new friend.

Namjoon seemed to be getting much more comfortable around Jin, and that made him happy.

"Well, I'm glad you don't absolutely hate it, because that would mean I'm not doing my job correctly. I think I'd have to resign if someone told me I wasn't doing a good job. Can you imagine?? All those adoring fans, I'd be letting down? Oh! The horror!" Jin exclaimed dramatically, making the younger chuckle.

"Aaand, this is the cafeteria. I'm warning you in advance, do not get the Mexican or American options...they have no idea what they're doing. It's just Korean food with taco seasoning or one of those frozen pizzas from the convenience store." Jin shivered at the memory of his first encounter with the horrid food freshman year.

The lunch room was already packed and yet, two tables radiating "popular people" energy, remained isolated from the rest.

What surprised Namjoon was that they were heading straight toward it.

Well, maybe he shouldn't have been that surprised considering Jin's personality.

He felt like he'd just stepped foot in a Western film about high school, which wasn't so unbelievable considering the school was popular for children of foreign dignitaries and diplomats.

The left table was for the obvious jocks and cheerleaders. Big, athletic dudes and skinny, giggly girls in clichè letterman jackets and cheer uniforms.

The right table seemed to be your typical popular squad which oddly enough consisted of all of Namjoon's new friends.

What surprised Namjoon even more was seeing his younger brother sitting at the table.

Although that also really shouldn't have been surprising.

A boy with short black hair had walked over from the jock table with Min Yoongi, plopping himself down next to Taehyung.

The two were giggling, Namjoon observing his brother's new friend.

His nose crinkled when he smiled, and his two front teeth jutted out just slightly.

The others seemed to be conversing as well. Hoseok talking animatedly to Jimin, the blonde responding with simple nods, ears turning a dark shade of pink.

It probably had something to do with a certain pale teen sitting next to Taehyung's new friend, and directly across from Jimin.

Hunched over his bowl, earbud in his ear, Yoongi quietly sat, minding his own business.

As Jin made his way up to the table, he cleared his throat, all heads in the group turning.

At the sight of his older brother, Taehyung's eyes widened, and in that split second, he gave Namjoon a look that said, 'Can I acknowledge we're related, or do you want me to pretend I don't know you?'

Namjoon nodded slightly, giving the okay.

He watched as Taehyung's face split into his signature boxy smile.

Eyes twinkling, he launched himself over the table, wrapping his arms around Namjoon in the process. He was practically hugging the older boy like a koala.