twenty four

[november]

My daddy is awesome. He the bestest daddy in the whole wide world.

But, he doesn't play with me anymore, and I am sad now.

He plays with Jinnie hyung more.

Jinnie is nice to me. He is awesome too. He brings me candy sometimes and he colours with me.

But Daddy likes him more. Daddy plays with Jinnie more.

I don't want Jinnie to take Daddy away from me. Daddy is mine first.

I don't want Daddy to leave me. I love him the mostest.

Jin hyung is a supervillain. He's trying to take Daddy away from me.

I have to defeat the supervillain.

I have to battle Jin and save Daddy from his evilness.

-

"Is Young-Jae okay? He hasn't talked to me at all, today," Jin whispered to Namjoon, as the teen came into the living room with some snacks.

Sure enough, Young-Jae was sitting on the couch, pouting. Usually, he would be animatedly talking with Jin, or coloring with him. Today, he sat there, arms crossed, staring straight at the television, completely ignoring the older man.

"Hm. I dunno. Maybe he's upset about something that happened at school? I'm not sure. Maybe just don't talk to him for a bit."

Young-Jae wasn't deaf.

In his mind, his father just told Jin to ignore him.

Will Daddy ignore me too?

In truth, Namjoon was scared that Young-Jae was angry about something, and in his anger, he would have a 'daddy' slip-up.

He looked at the little boy, concerned, before he sighed, handing a bowl of fruit to Jin.

"Why don't you go up and wait in my room, and I'll see what's wrong with him."

Jin nodded, kissing Namjoon's cheek before heading upstairs with his backpack and the fruit.

Once the older boy was gone, Namjoon sat on the couch next to Young-Jae. He tried to reach out and ruffle the little boy's hair, but the three year old grunted. Scooting away from his father, he resumed his pouty position.

Namjoon was shocked. He'd never seen Young-Jae mad at him.

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you mad at me?" he tried again, scooting slowly towards the boy.

"Hmph," Young-Jae refused to speak, turning his head upwards.

"Okay, so you're mad at me. What did I do to make you mad at me?" Namjoon asked, in a soft voice. He could see that the little boy was clearly upset.

"Unh unh," the three year old said, shaking his head.

Namjoon sighed.

Young-Jae had never kept something from him. Even when he was mad or sad, he always told Namjoon why. This was definitely new, and Namjoon didn't know what to do.

"Young-Jae, please tell me what's wrong. We don't hide things, remember?"

Young-Jae didn't say a word, only continuing to pout.

He didn't want his daddy to know that he thought Jin was a supervillain. Then, Jin may find out and keep Daddy! Or Daddy may get mad and leave Young-Jae.

Namjoon sighed, when he realized he wasn't going to get an answer out of the little one.

"Okay fine. Don't tell me. Just remember, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."