forty two

[february > march]

"Wooow! Daddy, look!" Young-Jae exclaimed, pointing up at the large window in the ceiling of the fully furnished master bedroom.

Namjoon chuckled a little, as he picked the boy up so he wouldn't run away from him again.

"Yeah, that's nice, isn't it?"

Young-Jae continued to marvel at his new surroundings as the father turned his attention back to the young realtor in front of him.

She smiled kindly at the little boy, before gesturing around the room.

"As you can see, the bedrooms are fully furnished. The previous owner didn't need to take any of the furniture with him, but the one thing you'll need to get is kitchen appliances."

She started to make her way to the large bathroom, just as Jin's head popped up in the master bedroom doorway.

"Excuse me, Ms. Choi. I have a question," he said, walking into the room with a serious expression.

The two started talking about something Namjoon didn't understand- cutouts? Crown-molding? He trailed behind with Young-Jae in his arms.

The little boy giggled at Namjoon's confused expression.

Jin had come over the night before to hang out, Namjoon suggesting a movie night.

While watching the movie, Young-Jae had run in and blurted out to Jin that they were going to look at apartments the day after, which the oldest met with a wanting to tag along.

Namjoon didn't know what he should do.

Jin had definitely hinted at the possibility of moving in together after high school, but Namjoon still felt uneasy that he was holding his boyfriend back from so much more.

What was he willing to risk?

What was Jin willing to risk? How far was he willing to go for the family of two with no real direction in life?

"Namjoon," a voice called out.

The younger was snapped out of his thoughts as Young-Jae pulled his ear.

"Ow, why'd you do that, Jae-Jae?" he winced looking at the three year old.

The little boy pouted, before huffing and pointing to the two people in front of him.

"Sorry Daddy, but Jinnie asked you a question!" he exclaimed.

Namjoon looked over sheepishly at Jin, he and the agent were standing in the middle of the master bathroom, waiting for him

"Oh. Sorry. What did you say?" Jin smiled a little, before walking over to take the three year old from his father's grasp.

"I just asked what you thought, so far? I think it's nice that it's fully furnished."

Namjoon merely hummed, as he walked around the spacious area.

It was actually incredibly nice.

Two bedrooms with their own bathrooms, a kitchen, dining, and living area, and the complex had its own gym and swimming pool.

But one of the main thoughts running through his head was how he was going to afford it.

The realtor seemed to see the uneasy expression on Namjoon's face, and she started to make her way back through the bedroom to the living area.

"For such a central location such as this, it's a wonder that the prices are so low."

The three of them sat at the dining table, as Namjoon let Young-Jae play on his phone on the couch.