fifty three

[april]

Namjoon hated to admit it, but his life was pretty much a trainwreck with Jin gone for the next few days.

He wasn't sure why he was feeling like a helplessly lost soul, considering he had raised a three year old by himself for...well, three years, but everything just felt off without his other half right there beside him.

They still kept in frequent touch, and even though the time zones were completely opposite, they made it work.

Namjoon found it funny when Jin would video call them still only half awake because it would be seven in the morning there, and eight in the evening at home. They talked about anything and everything, and the older would sometimes end up talking to Young-Jae more than Namjoon because the little one would miss him so much.

The father often found himself calling out for his boyfriend to help him with something, only to remember he wasn't there, and even in the mornings, he'd reach over only to realize the bed was empty.

One good thing to come out of it though was the promise of Jin's father to help them out in any way he could.

The very first time Namjoon met Mr. Jung (as he was adamant about calling the man) it was a very awkward affair.

The two tried carrying on a conversation, but Namjoon really had no idea how to talk with the man and ended up merely nodding along and responding to Mr. Jung's questions with one-word answers.

Thankfully, Young-Jae was a curious little boy and happened to hear his appa's voice on the phone, so he popped into view.

"Hi, Jinnie appa! Oh? Who are you, mister?" he said, practically standing on his chair in front of the computer.

Namjoon had been doing some work when Jin called him.

Ji-hoon chuckled, looking at the little boy, "Hello, Young-Jae. I've heard so much about you."

The three year old gasped, covering his mouth with his tiny hands and looking at his father with wide eyes.

"How you know my name?" he asked, Jin turning the camera a bit so his face took up most of the screen.

"Hi, Jae-Jae! This man is my appa. I told him all about how cool you are."

"Really?!" the boy said, grinning. "Are you my another Jiji?"

Ji-hoon turned to Jin as if to ask what he was talking about.

"Other, baby. Other," Namjoon said out of habit, patting the three year old on the back as he gave him an odd look.

He stopped, realizing he just corrected a three year old that wouldn't remember or care.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Ah, yes. I'm your harabeoji."

"Cool! Jinnie appa, when you comin home?" Young-Jae asked, leaning his elbows on the table and propping his head in his hands.

Jin smiled. "Soon. And Jiji is coming with me." he chuckled a little as he watched the boy's eyes light up. "Why? Do you miss me that much?"

Young-Jae pouted. "Daddy can't cook yummy food like you! Come back fast, please!" Jin let out a laugh, as Namjoon looked offended.

"I think you spoil him too much. He never used to complain about my cooking before..." he grumbled, playfully glaring at the giggling three year old.

"Well, don't you worry, sweetheart. I'll be back soon," Jin said with a smile, just as Young-Jae yawned. "Looks like it's getting late. I'll let you guys go then. I'll talk to you tomorrow, alright?"