forty eight

[april]

"Did you see this? You guys are almost at five thousand!" Hoseok exclaimed as he shoved his phone in front of Yoongi's face.

The boys were sitting around the cafeteria table, eating lunch and just chilling. It had been a while since they all had time to just talk with each other.

The month went by fast, and March turned into April in the blink of an eye. The seniors of the group were all studying hard for exams, on top of the many other extracurriculars they were doing, so much of the time, it was the three youngest sitting at lunch, and one or two of the others joining them.

"Yes, thank you for the reminder, Hoseok. It's been such a long time since you reminded me yesterday. I'd almost forgotten," Yoongi replied, as Hoseok made a face, sticking his tongue out at the emotionless rock.

"It's a big deal! You should be proud of yourselves. I'm proud of you," Jimin chimed in, rubbing his boyfriend's arm.

Of course, Yoongi took in the sight of the younger boy sitting in front of him.

Then, he broke out in a smile.

He was whipped after all.

Hoseok merely rolled his eyes, mimicking Jimin, before dramatically pretending to gag, which made Taehyung and Jeongguk laugh.

Turning, his head, he smiled. "Well, although you may not appreciate my enthusiasm, Grandpa, at least other nice people will. Namjoon!" Hoseok said as the two Kims sat down with their lunches.

"Hmm?"

"Did you see your Youtube channel? You and Yoongi almost have five thousand subscribers!" Hoseok showed the boy the channel's page.

Namjoon nodded his head as if pleasantly surprised by the news. "Oh, wow. That's a lot of people. I wasn't aware."

The table was relatively silent as they watched Hoseok stare for a second before his posture slumped. He had a small frown on his face, as he crossed his arms and huffed.

"You're a terrible liar."

The rest of the group burst out in laughter, as Namjoon lifted his hands in surrender.

"Like I said, you told us this yesterday," Yoongi reminded the redhead, as they all picked up on light conversation.

"Damn, why aren't you more hyped about this? You guys are practically famous! Even Jackson said that kids in your hometown are talking about your skills" Hoseok said, scrolling through his phone.

Namjoon cocked his head to the side. "I thought the dude was my best friend. He didn't tell me anything about that."

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders.

"Well maybe, it's because he actually wants to listen to me, instead of when I tell you guys this stuff-" Hoseok looked over, directing his comment at Yoongi, "All I get in reply is a 'oh, you already told us this...yesterday,'" Hoseok said, playfully mocking Yoongi's voice.

This time, the blonde stuck his tongue out at the younger.

"It's five thousand, not five million. I'll only accept it once we reach at least six zeros," Yoongi said, handing over his smoothie that he knew Jimin was about to ask him for. Which the younger immediately snatched up.

"Yeah, same," Namjoon said, jokingly. Taehyung laughed.

"Shut up, Namjoon. I heard you talking to yourself yesterday about how it was a dream come true," he looked over at Jin as his brother narrowed his eyes at him, "Unless he was talking to you on the phone or something."