twenty nine

[december]

Taehyung sighed, as he got up from the couch to get the door.

Looking through the peephole, he saw Jeongguk standing there, hands in his pockets, back turned.

He sighed again.

When would Jeongguk understand that he just wanted to have some space?

Taehyung huffed, quickly throwing the door open.

"Jeongguk, I told you to leave- " Jeongguk turned around, and Taehyung stopped himself.

It wasn't Jeongguk.

"Jin hyung?"

The older man looked at Taehyung.

"Can I please talk to your brother?" his voice was soft, almost a pleading tone.

"I'm sorry, Hyung, I-"

"I know about Young-Jae!" the older blurted out, watching as Taehyung's eyes widened, shock clearly written all over his face.

Jin exhaled, breath a little shaky. "I know that he's Namjoon's son."

For some reason, saying the words out loud made it all the more real.

The whole situation felt more real.

And now he was confused again.

He sighed, closing his eyes. What was even happening?? He did not think he would ever be having this kind of conversation.

"I-i. I just want to talk to Namjoon, please," he begged.

Taehyung's eyes softened. Finally, after almost half a year of keeping such a big secret, it was finally out.

But now he felt guilty.

His eyes started watering, bottom lip trembling. Then, he threw himself on the older, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, Hyung! I hated keeping secrets from you, but you have to understand I had to!" He was clearly distraught. "I'm sorry! Please, don't be mad at Namjoon hyung, he's going through a lot right now, and- "

"Where is he?" Jin asked, the tone of Taehyung's voice scared him. The younger boy sniffled.

"U-um..."

Jin's eyes furrowed. He placed both his hands on the younger's shoulders. "Taehyung, where is he?"

The younger boy sniffled again, wiping at his tears.

"The hospital..." he mumbled out. Jin's heart dropped in his chest.

"What?!"

Taehyung was quick to realize his mistake. His eyes went wide, and he started shaking his head and waving his arms.

"No! Nonononono! No! I-i mean, yes, but not like that, um, he isn't hurt! He just..." Taehyung explained, stumbling over his words.

"Why is he at the hospital then?" Jin asked. Taehyung sighed, putting his head in his hands.

"I really shouldn't be the one explaining this to you, I mean-"

Jin shook his head, dropping his hands from Taehyung's shoulders.

"No you're right, I'm sorry. This isn't your responsibility. I need to go talk to Namjoon."

The two stood there, in front of the door, staring at one another.

Taehyung had this look in his eyes like he was arguing with himself. Jin didn't know what to think. He sighed.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?" he asked as gently as he could. The younger's shoulders slumped.