fifty four

[may]

Namjoon sighed, sitting at his computer in his studio.

A knocking came at the door, and he mumbled out a 'come in', his eyes staying trained on the screen in front of him.

He clicked on a few things, listening as the sounds he'd been mixing for the past few days played on repeat.

Muttering to himself, he moved his mouse around while tapping on his keyboard.

Someone sat on the small couch, sighing, as they seemed to wait for Namjoon to turn around.

But, the man continued working on his computer, tapping his finger to the beats, and clicking around the screen as he worked.

Yoongi cleared his throat before standing up and walking towards Namjoon's desk. He leaned over, hand on the back of Namjoon's chair, as he watched the man work.

He sighed to himself, before speaking up. "Namjoon, you've been working on the same sequence for the past week..."

The younger stopped mumbling, the room growing silent.

Finally, he sighed, shoulders slumping, as he brought his head to rest in his hands.

"I know, I know....I'm just-I'm really distracted right now and frustrated, and my work...all of it...it just-" Namjoon hit his hand on the table, making Yoongi stiffen slightly. "-it sucks!"

The younger groaned, leaning back in his chair.

Yoongi looked around the room before his eyes settled on a stool. Pulling it closer, he sat down, resting a hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"I get that you have a lot on your plate right now, and I get that you're angry, so that's why I'm suggesting as a friend that you go home and take some time for yourself."

Namjoon, still leaning back with his eyes closed shook his head. "I can't. We just passed the one-month trial, but we have another one coming up, and I can't afford to lose this job opportunity. It seems music is the one thing that I can control in my life right now-"

"Yeah, but you're distracted and it's affecting your work."

The younger one sat up, looking at Yoongi. "I've already asked Bang Pd-nim for so many favours. I can't-"

"Namjoon," Yoongi said, sternly, hand still on his shoulder. "He's going to understand. Hell, the company offered to pay for your lawyer while you're stuck in this mess, I think they can recognize how important it is."

Namjoon was silent as he simply stared at the blonde before turning to look at his computer.

"Okay, maybe I'll say something later."

Yoongi sighed, removing his hand, knowing he could only convince the younger so much.

"By the way, did you need something?" Namjoon said, going back to clicking on his mouse and typing on his keyboard.

"Oh, yeah. Jonathan was looking for you. Said you were going to help him with something?"

Namjoon looked down at his watch, before standing up from his chair. "Shoot, thanks for reminding me. I gotta go, see you later."

It was only a few hours later, that Yoongi stood in front of Namjoon's studio once again. He was going to ask if the other wanted a snack or a drink while he was working.

After knocking a few times, he entered after he heard no response.

Slowly opening the door, he quietly walked in, noticing the hunched-over figure in front of the computer.